Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any good Solo Systems for PzG out there?
03-16-2024, 12:25 AM,
Any good Solo Systems for PzG out there?
Not sure if this is the right forum to post this tread or not.  Thought I'd try and see if I can get any information on this topic.    I am looking to see if there are any good ideas or "systems" you have found to play PzG in a solo fashion?    Just curious how everyone goes about this when they are playing solo.    Thanks in advance for any advice and/or information from the collective hive mind.   

Brad
03-16-2024, 03:01 AM,
RE: Any good Solo Systems for PzG out there?
For online play, we use the Vassal platform that works for both SOLO and SHARED play. You will need to download the appropriate game packs and the Uber system files that are available on the PG-HQ home page under "Vassal Data Files."

This installation process is a bit wonky and can be confusing, but there are instructions for accessing & using Vassal, as well as the Uber gaming system in that same folder for you to download. 

Good luck and Welcome!
ACav, Reconquista, CavDo And 9 others like this post
03-16-2024, 04:52 PM,
(03-16-2024, 12:25 AM)brad_newcomer Wrote: Not sure if this is the right forum to post this tread or not.  Thought I'd try and see if I can get any information on this topic.    I am looking to see if there are any good ideas or "systems" you have found to play PzG in a solo fashion?    Just curious how everyone goes about this when they are playing solo.    Thanks in advance for any advice and/or information from the collective hive mind.   

Brad

If you're looking for something along the lines like the conflict of heroes solitaire system or Solitaire Advanced Squad Leader, there isn't anything currently like that.  PzG plays pretty well in solitaire hot-seat fashion, though.  Vassal makes it pretty manageable though.
OldPueblo, Tubac52, treadasaurusrex And 10 others like this post
03-16-2024, 09:41 PM,
.....all one needs is a good (and patient) mentor.

GG
chaco, Tankodactyl, OldPueblo And 10 others like this post
03-18-2024, 12:16 AM,
Not aware of a "solo system" for PG, other innovative game companies have them for certain games but not PG, PG is more interested in designing the odd 40+ scenarios per game.

With that said most of the games played, at least on this site, are played solo, would seem everyone has their own style of playing that way.  Those scenarios with hidden units are tougher to play solo obviously.
Reconquista, CavDo, Miguelibal And 8 others like this post
"Don't let the dirt and rust hang you up, we like to give the impression that we are out of action badly in need of rest and reorganization"
03-18-2024, 07:39 AM,
Quote:Those scenarios with hidden units are tougher to play solo obviously.

I've made a house rule for solo games that the first turn a hidden unit fires and reveals itself, it gets a +1 column shift to direct fire or a +1 to the die roll for anti-tank fire. In the case of opportunity fire, the bonus applies to each attack that first turn.