Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AP using new game boxes?
06-06-2012, 08:45 AM,
AP using new game boxes?
I recall mention of new game boxes with sleeves? Supposedly starting with Kursk? Anyone who has one in hand want to share some pics and their thoughts about this?

I only have one sleeve-type game, B-29 Superfortress from Khyber Pass Games (now called Legion Wargames) and after a few sleevings and un-sleevings I just said fuck it and cut the sleeve into two pieces, then glued it to the damn box. Cool

So, how are these new boxes? Shy
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
06-06-2012, 09:26 AM,
RE: AP using new game boxes?
(06-06-2012, 08:45 AM)Shad Wrote: I recall mention of new game boxes with sleeves? Supposedly starting with Kursk? Anyone who has one in hand want to share some pics and their thoughts about this?

I only have one sleeve-type game, B-29 Superfortress from Khyber Pass Games (now called Legion Wargames) and after a few sleevings and un-sleevings I just said fuck it and cut the sleeve into two pieces, then glued it to the damn box. Cool

So, how are these new boxes? Shy

Black satin finish boxes the same size as the old 2 inchers. By using them exclusively AVP cuts tremendously on warehouse space. Cardboard sleeves are used to identify the product...Kursk has the new sleeve, and the various newly back in stock games, like Bismark use the new boxes and sleeve system. The boxes are excellent quality, though costly. Deep enough to hold 3 GMT countertrays or a standard game and 2 counter trays. I've purchased quite a few of them over the last 6 months for game storage.
04-16-2013, 11:07 PM,
Update here. AVP will be adding blue satin boxes to their inventory shortly; they are one inchers for smaller component games like Western Desert Force, though I believe WDF will still use the black satin 2" size. Games with 120 half inch counters or less don't really need 2 inch boxes.
04-17-2013, 01:52 AM,
I have them for both Kurth South Flank and Saipan 1944 and I think they are excellent. Very nice looking boxes!
04-17-2013, 07:49 AM,
And, depending on the interior depth of the 1 inch deep ones that will be available in coming months, you might be able to box a 64 page supplement and the counters in a GMT counter tray squarely away that way.