Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SWWAS VASSAL modules
07-18-2023, 12:43 PM,
SWWAS VASSAL modules
We have four now and we are releasing one more, Eastern Fleet, tonight for five modules total at the moment. We are working on two more. 

I think this is more VASSAL modules for the APL sea games than any one person or team has ever tried to do. They are all have a mostly standard UI and have some nifty features to make your game play better. In the Autumn, we are going to do dot releases on each module to get them up to the standards of the latest releases. Since we add features and fixes as we develp, we need to roll those changes back into each module.

I would like to get to the point where we can get modules out at or near the release dates for the APL products.

I say "we" because we are now a small development team with a couple of us working on modules and a couple working on some new technology that we can use to really improve the online experience. But we are looking for at least one more person that wants to learn how these modules are built and who wants to start building them with us.

Our mission is to deliver quality vassal modules and for the team to become independent of any one of us in the event that one of us becomes unable to continue for any reason. Ideally this should be ongoing as long as APL is publishing and hopefully we get around to as many of the games as we can.

As long as Dr. Bennighof is happy with the results and the distribution, we intend to continue doing modules.
As for you guys, come on and download the modules for which you own the games and I will play each of you and beat  you with one battlecruiser tied behind my back.

Make my day.
Tankodactyl, treadasaurusrex, OldPueblo And 5 others like this post

User Experience begins with You...
Always looking for people to play PzGdr, Napoleonic Games, and Great War at Sea
(the Vassal for GWAS Mediterranean specifically).