Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scooting Artillery Markers
05-19-2023, 12:51 AM,
Scooting Artillery Markers
The artillery markers, when placed in the Artillery Holding box, scoot when they are flipped to the fired side.  This causes problems when having smoke/illumination markers placed under them to keep track of such expenditures.  is there a way to turn that scoot off and/or make it optional in case there is a use for such a scoot?
treadasaurusrex likes this post
05-19-2023, 10:31 PM,
RE: Scooting Artillery Markers
At present, there is not much to be done. The future is uncertain. Presently flipping the artillery markers to FIRED also moves them to the artillery holding box. When Vassal moves a marker to another map, it drops the marker in the center or at a designated coordinate point. (I chose 2 points so Red and Blue artillery would go to different spots.)

What I hope to do in the future is to make advanced artillery mission maps (like for East Front Artillery) where when the artillery is marked FIRED, it would not be returned to artillery holding. When I can figure that out, your scoot problem will get solved.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
05-24-2023, 02:23 AM,
RE: Scooting Artillery Markers
Maybe another solution to keep track of artillery ammo is to have a call out on the artillery markers and bombardment capable units that has check boxes for Illumination and Smoke rounds.