Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Failure to retreat
05-01-2023, 09:04 AM,
Failure to retreat
Just musing here, but after some prolonged assaults in Crisbecq, I think a step loss inflicted on units which are unable to flee on morale recovery would be a simple rule change that would be beneficial on a number of dimensions.  It would speed up assaults and in my opinion offer a more realistic consequence to envelopment tactics, both in terms of leveraging envelopment and avoiding it.  I love this game and like Blackcloud, I'm not big on house rules, but assaults can be a serious drag.
dxdavieau, PANISTA, Tambu And 4 others like this post
05-01-2023, 09:25 AM,
RE: Failure to retreat
So true! With apologies to you and Blackloud, perhaps there is a need for another house rule for sake of clarity?

Maybe like this?

Morale Recovery - Unable to Retreat  (House Rule)
"A demoralized combat unit in a close assault hex that fails a morale recovery roll, hex suffers a step loss if it is unable to flee."
dxdavieau, PANISTA, Tankodactyl And 5 others like this post
05-01-2023, 09:36 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-01-2023, 09:37 AM by triangular_cube.)
A Demoralized unit that is unable to flee from assault following a failed recovery roll is already eliminated. Maybe I'm misreading what you are asking. Check 12.13
Sonora, Grognard Gunny, joe_oppenheimer And 1 others like this post
05-01-2023, 09:41 AM,
I guess what I meant to say is that assault would be greatly improved if I simply read the rules more carefully.  Confused
CavDo, Tambu, Sonora And 1 others like this post
05-01-2023, 09:42 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-02-2023, 08:04 AM by Tankodactyl.)
12.13 Excerpt: If all adjacent hexes contain enemy units (other then unarmed, empty transports and leaders), the demoralized unions are eliminated.

I think that Col. Sonichu is suggesting that demoralized combat units that fail a morale recovery should be eliminated, even if they are not completely surrounded.
Tambu, CavDo, Sonora And 3 others like this post
05-01-2023, 11:14 PM,
Quote:So true! With apologies to you and Blackloud...

Nice try Dino.   Winking
CavDo, Col. Sonichu, Tambu And 5 others like this post
05-07-2023, 02:49 AM,
Never fear, Col. I've been there - done that many times. It's the small print.....  Rolleyes

GG
Col. Sonichu, Tambu, Miguelibal And 5 others like this post