Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leader inventories for Red Warriors
03-10-2023, 12:28 PM,
Leader inventories for Red Warriors
I am starting the first scenario of Red Warriors. The scenario uses Sinister Forces (Slovakia's War) SS leaders. The scenario calls for 5 LT's, the mix has 4.

We decided on adding 1 Ostfr from the RtB mix. Any ideas on a more durable resolution to this problem?
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
03-10-2023, 01:07 PM,
RE: Leader inventories for Red Warriors
When facing a shortage of leaders in Tank Battles (which happened often) I would always manually select leaders from a true double pool. That was kinda unique though as the module rules tell you that you need multiple copies of Panzer Grenadier and Heroes to play the monsters. 

Not that I expect anyone else to follow my madness.
treadasaurusrex likes this post
03-10-2023, 01:48 PM,
(03-10-2023, 01:07 PM)triangular_cube Wrote: When facing a shortage of leaders in Tank Battles (which happened often) I would always manually select leaders from a true double pool. That was kinda unique though as the module rules tell you that you need multiple copies of Panzer Grenadier and Heroes to play the monsters.

That could sort of work since we are playing in Vassal. It would be more of a cyclical pool though.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
03-11-2023, 06:02 AM,
For what it's worth --

I would just add at least 6 more CPT, LT and SGT-equivalent leaders to all digital leader sets. I often use every one available when playing the larger scenarios online from An Army at Dawn.

Alternately, I suppose that one could allow and extension of the "clone function" for leaders, as you have already have in-place done for digital combat unit counters.
ACav, Tambu, OldPueblo And 3 others like this post
03-11-2023, 03:54 PM,
I think there needs to be some constraints on the "replication of leaders as needed" approach....

1) I think you have to go through the full leader set offered in the Game, before you start repeating...

2) Once you exhaust the initial leader Pool, you should start to draw from a FULL NEW POOL when you go beyond the initial leader mix....
   (Good/Bad leader draw ratios maintained)

3) If you just unilaterally increase # of leaders---I think you have to x2 or x3 the initial Pool, so distribution
of good/bad leaders stays consistent.....

Maybe someone can suggest/review the mix of leaders in the different Games so a sense of WHEN Soviet leaders improve(FiTS vs. Road to Berlin),
or Americans become more capable (Morocco vs. Bulge).  Then a more generic approach to leader characteristics could be created for
custom games, IN PERIOD, with appropriate populations of leaders for Random draw.
Schoenwulf likes this post
03-12-2023, 10:39 AM,
Oh, please . . .
ACav, sagunto, Miguelibal And 2 others like this post
03-12-2023, 10:57 AM,
Not in the decks.
NO
03-13-2023, 09:21 AM,
What are "the decks"?
ACav, OldPueblo, treadasaurusrex And 2 others like this post
03-13-2023, 01:01 PM,
In Vassal, leader pieces can be drawn 2 ways.
  1. There is the normally random list, in the game pieces. From that you can draw any number of any leader counters you want, of any values from set that the extension has. It is quite useful when getting leaders when using the ILS.
  2. The "decks" are in the randomly drawn counters. It is a set of pieces in a list, all the American LT's from Battle of the Bulge for example. The pieces in the deck are continuously shuffled (assuming there is more than on in the deck). While in the deck, all the pieces are masked. When a piece is drawn from the deck and placed on the map. It is the top piece in the deck at that time, and when released, a one or 2 is randomly generated to determine which "side" of the piece lands upward. So you get a random leader and the system "flips" it.
Isn't that cute?
ACav, sagunto, Miguelibal And 4 others like this post