Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Say what?
03-07-2023, 09:13 AM,
Say what?
I hate to appear to be a dunderhead, but..... On scenario 2 of "La Campagne de Tunisie", the scenario, on map 78, (oriented with the mapboard numerals in the upper Right hand corner.... which makes North and South according to standard PG procedure), the road, runs North/South on the map. My question is: How in the world can I "set up" East or West of the road? UNLESS, the map" is NOT North oriented.... then that runs contrary to what is "written" (and understood) in all PG games. (This was not addressed in the "errata" for this game, either.)

I have a sneaking suspicion that the road was supposed to be running East/West, making the orientation of the scenario off by 90 degrees. The other suspicion is that this was written "sic" and then the original placement and the reinforcements become a but confused, mingled and frankly does not go with an orderly development of the battle.

It could be that I am reading too much into the set up process and "just go with the flow", but...... just to be sure.

GG
03-07-2023, 10:20 AM,
RE: Say what?
I just reread this and that can't be right either! I guess my biggest hang up is with the placement of the initial French units..... WAY out in the EAST of things. (In/near "woods".) ....and off the beaten track!

On the other hand..... who's to say?

GG
03-07-2023, 10:26 AM,
Hi GG !
Everything seems OK with me : the road is running north-south, the French are on the right (east) and the US on the left (west or ON the road). It's true that when the reinforcements arrive, it is a wild melee...
Have fun with it!
Shad, treadasaurusrex, Miguelibal And 11 others like this post
03-07-2023, 11:51 AM,
Thanks, Mate! I guess I'll "go with the flow" and see what shakes out.

GG
treadasaurusrex and Shad like this post
03-07-2023, 01:27 PM,
East on =/= east of. Winking
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
03-07-2023, 01:33 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-07-2023, 01:34 PM by Grognard Gunny.)
That's gotta be "new math"!  Dodgy   ( Big Grin )

GG
03-08-2023, 10:38 AM,
Think of the road as being like the Mississippi river running north to south through the USA. States like Kentucky are east of the river while Utah is west of it.
ACav, Reconquista, Tubac52 And 11 others like this post
03-09-2023, 07:58 AM,
Got it! Played the scenario... can't quite figure out why the set up instructions messed with my head.... Guess I was tired. (Good as an excuse as any, I suppose. Confused )

GG
cjsiam and chaco like this post
03-09-2023, 10:39 AM,
Hmm, just wait until you start forgetting whose activation it is, or which side you are playing in PG! Happens to a number of us all the time.
cochise75, Tankodactyl, ACav And 11 others like this post
03-09-2023, 10:41 AM,
But, eventually....
you begin to play scenarios you've already played---but have forgotten---they are New again!
So, there is an upside....
CavDo, Tambu, OldPueblo And 8 others like this post