Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Fall of France #11] Initial German Setup
06-17-2012, 10:32 AM,
RE: [Fall of France #11] Initial German Setup
Over the years I've found that some of the least entertaining games are those in which I simply line two sides up against each other and blast away. Of course, some situations simply give you no choice if you want to win. I now try to spend more time advancing to contact and using (scenario) time to get myself into position. Some of these efforts have resulted in very interesting scenarios.

Of course, there are always exceptions to this rule. Just take a quick look at AK 2 (Capture of Giaragub). This is a one mapper with 199 (count 'em) turns. This does not include an intermission of 104 turns during which a sand storm prevents any action at all. The action goes from the 20 March 0400 turn directly to the 21 March 0600 turn. The unit density isn't all that great and frankly, I just don't grok this one at all except as a historical scenario. I would imagine that I could play this one to a victory in under 20 game turns, even within the tight casualty VP limits.
2,500 years ago people worshiped cats. The cats have never forgotten this!

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Fall of France #11] Initial German Setup - by Michael Murphy - 06-17-2012, 10:32 AM