Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phooey!
02-01-2023, 12:33 PM,
Phooey!
Just goes to show ya... got a buddy request and can't get it into my buddy list... nohow.

.... and I've got folks who want me to try my hand at Skype?

At any rate, "...consider yourself a friend... (sings)" even if I am a computer putz.

GG
02-01-2023, 03:09 PM,
RE: Phooey!
You're fittin' in fine, pal! Big Grin
CavDo, treadasaurusrex, Tankodactyl And 3 others like this post
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
02-02-2023, 12:27 AM,
I know from experience, and Drew telling me, that there are features that came with the forum code that are not integrated with forum operations. That may be what you have run into. I have a buddy list and have not found it useful. The only thing it seems to do is provide an address book for private messages.

Skype is the preferred VoIP app amongst the PG population, my preference too. I have also used Zoom (short sessions & restarts), Teams (just sucks) and Whats App (requires cellphone). They all work, but Skype seems to be best for gaming.
treadasaurusrex, Tambu, Tankodactyl And 1 others like this post
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
02-02-2023, 01:53 AM,
Well at least that much makes me feel better!

GG
cjsiam, Tankodactyl, PANISTA And 2 others like this post
02-02-2023, 08:46 AM,
Wish that I could offer definitive help with your issue.

In my limited experience, accepting a buddy invitation involves going to one's individual control panel (CP) in the Forums section of the PG-HQ website. I think that once there, one looks for a button that must be selected to accept an invitation to join another registered PG-HQ user's buddy list in the left-hand panel. I don't remember exactly where that is, but I know that it's not really an intuitive process to find it.

Good luck, Gunny.
Tambu, ACav, PANISTA And 5 others like this post
02-02-2023, 09:53 AM,
(02-02-2023, 01:53 AM)Grognard Gunny Wrote: Well at least that much makes me feel better!

GG

I think I got it working once... Not happily. I use Skype. It is free when dialing another skype person I think.. Anyone? when you're ready to play and we will figure out some way.
ACav likes this post

User Experience begins with You...
Always looking for people to play PzGdr, Napoleonic Games, and Great War at Sea
(the Vassal for GWAS Mediterranean specifically).
02-02-2023, 10:06 AM,
(02-02-2023, 09:53 AM)goosebrown Wrote: It is free when dialing another skype person I think.. Anyone?

Yes, Skype to Skype calls are free, and without time limits.
PANISTA, Tankodactyl, Reconquista And 5 others like this post
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
02-14-2023, 08:45 AM,
(02-01-2023, 12:33 PM)Grognard Gunny Wrote: Just goes to show ya... got a buddy request and can't get it into my buddy list... nohow.

.... and I've got folks who want me to try my hand at Skype?

At any rate, "...consider yourself a friend... (sings)" even if I am a computer putz.

GG

Perhaps you should send a buddy request back to whoever sent you the first one?
treadasaurusrex, Tankodactyl, PANISTA And 3 others like this post
02-18-2023, 06:10 AM,
More Phooey! I can't seem to post a new thread!

GG
02-18-2023, 06:15 AM,
(02-18-2023, 06:10 AM)Grognard Gunny Wrote: More Phooey! I can't seem to post a new thread!

Don't know. It works for me. The delete thread works too.
treadasaurusrex likes this post