Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thus far....
02-19-2023, 04:05 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-19-2023, 04:09 AM by Grognard Gunny.)
RE: Thus far....
Thanks for the enlightenment! That answers all enquiries, in the manner I was playing them. My "logic" IS infallible! I have been vindicated!  (Except for 2... but it seems logical... "So let it be written! So let it be done!")

GG
02-19-2023, 07:00 AM,
To clarify a bit further: a leader with a combat modifier of 1 may activate his own stack and another stack in a single adjacent hex. A leader with a 2 combat modifier may activate the stack that he is in, PLUS units in 2 other hexes that his is adjacent to. That would potentially provide combined direct fire from 3 stacks.
PANISTA, Reconquista, Tankodactyl And 4 others like this post
02-19-2023, 09:38 AM,
(02-19-2023, 07:00 AM)treadasaurusrex Wrote: To clarify a bit further: a leader with a combat modifier of 1 may activate his own stack and another stack in a single adjacent hex. A leader with a 2 combat modifier may activate the stack that he is in, PLUS units in 2 other hexes that his is adjacent to. That would potentially provide combined direct fire from 3 stacks.

Not like that. A leader may activate any eligible units and lower rank leaders in their hex and the 6 adjacent hexes. A leader with a comat modifier may combine the fire of units their hex and the number of hexes adjacent equal to the combat modifier. Thus a leader with a combat Modifier of 1 may activate his hexes and those surrounding him, and if he has activated to fire, he may combine his hex's fire with units and leaders from one other hex he activated.
joe_oppenheimer likes this post
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
02-19-2023, 09:50 AM,
Hmm, sounds exactly like what Treadasaurusrex wrote.
Sonora, Tankodactyl, sagunto And 3 others like this post
02-19-2023, 09:54 AM,
I think that is what he said exactly. Had to think about that.
treadasaurusrex, Sonora, Tambu And 4 others like this post

User Experience begins with You...
Always looking for people to play PzGdr, Napoleonic Games, and Great War at Sea
(the Vassal for GWAS Mediterranean specifically).
02-19-2023, 10:00 AM,
(02-19-2023, 09:50 AM)Reconquista Wrote: Hmm, sounds exactly like what Treadasaurusrex wrote.

The difference is subtle but important, especially to a new player.

If you read Tread's version exactly as written, it states by implication that a leader without a combat modifier can only active units in its own hex.

The veteran player will read it and understand that Tread is referring to activations and then the ability to combine fire, but words as written it just says activation. Leaders with a 1 combat mod can activate exactly as many hexes as leaders with 0, or 2, or 500.
Tambu, Sonora, CavDo And 5 others like this post
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
02-19-2023, 11:56 AM,
Good catch, Old Boy!
goosebrown, Tankodactyl, treadasaurusrex And 3 others like this post
02-19-2023, 12:56 PM,
I live in imprecision more or less.
Tankodactyl, PANISTA, Tambu And 2 others like this post

User Experience begins with You...
Always looking for people to play PzGdr, Napoleonic Games, and Great War at Sea
(the Vassal for GWAS Mediterranean specifically).
02-19-2023, 01:07 PM,
plloyd1010 is extremely precise, which is why he's such a great asset to have on staff here. He also rolls precisely sixes on his initiative. That part I enjoy somewhat less.
treadasaurusrex and goosebrown like this post
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
02-19-2023, 01:52 PM,
(02-19-2023, 01:07 PM)Shad Wrote: He also rolls precisely sixes on his initiative. That part I enjoy somewhat less.

I wish! Tongue
But I did roll a 66 at just the right moment last Thursday. Big Grin
goosebrown likes this post
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking