Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
False Starts
09-05-2012, 05:29 AM,
RE: False Starts
No, I play them out. It is a good exercise to see what you can do when you are really behind the eight ball. Now if I made a bonehead mistake, like setup the boards in the wrong direction, then I would restart.
09-05-2012, 05:44 AM,
(09-05-2012, 03:23 AM)vince hughes Wrote: My opponents never allow me to ....... self-centred b*****ds ! :-)

Vince, you win enough times as it is Wink
09-05-2012, 05:50 AM,
I would only restart a scenario if there had been a set up which was illegal or another major rule cock up. However I often switch to a Plan B or even Plan C if Plan A is obviously failing, of course that means you have less game turns to fulfill your objectives but that how the cookie crumbles.

PS Plan D involves getting the cat to walk across the board, or some other catastrophic act. (Pun intended) Big Grin
09-05-2012, 10:54 PM,
I don't think I would ever restart - maybe replay but once started, just like a ftf game or "real life", you get what you are dealt. I know in the solo plays I have had, I have looked at the board and said "S#!+, that was a bad move..." but then I try to "correct" it and learn from it.

Of course, in FTF, I say that alot more often... Smile.

I am one of those who do feel as if I am "cheating" the other side if I am winning/losing???
09-06-2012, 05:25 AM,
(09-05-2012, 02:56 AM)Hugmenot Wrote: I often restart a scenario, even multiple times, if it's obvious after a few turns that a better strategy was available.

I don't have an exact number of restarts but my best estimate is somewhere between 1/3 and 1/2.

I am curious if this is common practice.

Nope. I play it out. Sometimes it is fun to see if you can recover from a messed up start.
09-06-2012, 05:31 AM,
OK, curiosity satiated.

Not that I will change my ways (which I enjoy).
09-06-2012, 08:29 AM,
i never ever false start. but i do end scenarios early if the result is a foregone conclusion.