Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tour of Duty Awards
01-24-2023, 01:55 AM,
Tour of Duty Awards
Another rookie thread/question.

I thought it would be fun to go for a Tour of Duty award, or two.

How does one "Certify" or otherwise denote to the PG Forum/HQ FICs (Folks In Charge) that one has actually done the aforementioned tour?

Is this "reporting" done incrementally (as one goes along in the tour) or is it done at the completion of the tour?

GG
01-24-2023, 02:39 AM,
RE: Tour of Duty Awards
Essentially you play all the scenarios in a game and record the plays, presumably as you complete each scenario. There is no verification. (We might look a bit askance if all the scenarios are shared plays against an unknown opponent. Winking ) Anyway, after you are done, you get put in the awards cue. If you are the first complete a game, you might get to design the ribbon.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
01-24-2023, 03:04 AM,
(01-24-2023, 01:55 AM)Grognard Gunny Wrote: Another rookie thread/question.

I thought it would be fun to go for a Tour of Duty award, or two.

How does one "Certify" or otherwise denote to the PG Forum/HQ FICs (Folks In Charge) that one has actually done the aforementioned tour?

Is this "reporting" done incrementally (as one goes along in the tour) or is it done at the completion of the tour?

GG

You can see your progress on your homepage under the collection status and globally under awards & honors under the tour of duty tab.
"It was a battle right fierce and terrible" - Froissart
01-24-2023, 04:12 AM,
Every time you record a play the site checks to see if you've played every scenario for that game. If you have, you're awarded a Tour of Duty ribbon automatically.

We got way behind on awarding ribbons but will be completely caught up and resume awarding them as they come in starting in late February.

Until then we're issuing 1 per day.
OldPueblo, CavDo, treadasaurusrex And 4 others like this post
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
01-24-2023, 04:40 AM,
Thanks for the info. Oh yeah, to whom do I make reports to? Under what category of PG HQ do I make those "reports"?

GG
01-24-2023, 05:13 AM,
(01-24-2023, 04:40 AM)Grognard Gunny Wrote: Thanks for the info. Oh yeah, to whom do I make reports to? Under what category of PG HQ do I make those "reports"?

GG

My PG-HQ > Records & AARs > New Solo Play or New Shared Play.
Tambu likes this post
01-24-2023, 05:24 AM,
(01-24-2023, 04:40 AM)Grognard Gunny Wrote: Thanks for the info. Oh yeah, to whom do I make reports to? Under what category of PG HQ do I make those "reports"?

GG

Go to My PG-HQ, then choose Records & AARs, choose New Solo Play or New Shared Play, as appropriate. Fill out the table, most of it is pull-down menus.

If you have a shared play, there is a list after the initial entry which has everyone who else has played that scenario, but doesn't have an opponent registered. You pick one of those or register as a new shared play (unknown opponent). Presumably your opponent will pick your play when they register their play.

After a couple check boxes and pull-downs, you log your play.
sagunto, Tambu, Miguelibal And 3 others like this post
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking