Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suggestion- Remove modules with 0 scenarios from top 10 least played/AARed lists
01-20-2023, 06:24 AM,
Suggestion- Remove modules with 0 scenarios from top 10 least played/AARed lists
At the bottom of the PG-HQ's Most Wanted section, there are 2 lists, Top 10 least played Games & Top 10 least AARd Games. Both of thse lists include modules with a scenario count of 0, which will obviously never be played. Can we set these lists to only pull in modules with a scenario count of at least 1? Otherwise, eventually, these lists will just be lists of modules with 0 scenarios.  Tongue
Tambu and treadasaurusrex like this post
01-20-2023, 06:28 AM,
RE: Suggestion- Remove modules with 0 scenarios from top 10 least played/AARed lists
Those should be going away soon.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
01-20-2023, 06:33 AM,
RE: Suggestion- Remove modules with 0 scenarios from top 10 least played/AARed lists
Thanks for your vigilance, tread!

In the meantime, please click the big three digit number on the front page or go directly here:

http://www.pg-hq.com/library.php?type=ca...s-unplayed

that will show you the rarest unplayed scenarios that you own, if you want to help us reduce the number of 0 play scenarios (please please please!) Big Grin
treadasaurusrex likes this post
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
01-20-2023, 11:21 AM,
(01-20-2023, 06:28 AM)plloyd1010 Wrote: Those should be going away soon.

What is? The lists? The page? The modules?
01-20-2023, 12:05 PM,
the modules with zero scenarios
01-21-2023, 06:15 AM,
(01-20-2023, 12:05 PM)Shad Wrote: the modules with zero scenarios

Do we have a plan to make a second area for them? Maybe alongside those division sets that were released or something? I do like that the product is in our DB somewhere.
01-21-2023, 06:58 AM,
We don't have a plan, but it's under discussion. They don't belong in Games because games have scenarios.

I'm willing to hear suggestions on a logical place for them to be within the Library. That can/may involve making a new type of Library item.
01-21-2023, 02:31 PM,
(01-21-2023, 06:58 AM)Shad Wrote: We don't have a plan, but it's under discussion. They don't belong in Games because games have scenarios.

I'm willing to hear suggestions on a logical place for them to be within the Library. That can/may involve making a new type of Library item.

Well my skills as an auditor lend themselves far better to finding and reporting small errors on the site rather than coming up with solutions   Tongue .

My suggestion would be for a new library item type, "enhancements", for all the officially sold products that are not "games"; including IDF, East Front Artillery, the special division sets, that fields and hills 3d overlay thingy (if that had ever materialized), and anything else APL ends up putting out. I did draw the arbitrary line in my proposal at "sold", so we arent creating entries for every little supplemental download they have put out. 

While I do agree that IDF & EFA aren't "games", and kinda mess up some stats (as started this thread), it seems a bit odd to exclude any mention of these official and current products from the site. Just my 2 cents.

I'll go back to spamming Peter with OOB corrections in the background now  Big Grin
Shad likes this post
01-22-2023, 12:00 AM,
(01-21-2023, 02:31 PM)triangular_cube Wrote: Well my skills as an auditor lend themselves far better to finding and reporting small errors on the site rather than coming up with solutions   Tongue .
So it would seem. Winking

(01-21-2023, 02:31 PM)triangular_cube Wrote: I'll go back to spamming Peter with OOB corrections in the background now  Big Grin
.... and you're back it.

Drew is doing some other maintenance too. I should be able to get back to formations soon. All the little details that make this site great.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking