Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Extremely Petty - Airfield Control Battletype
12-21-2022, 12:49 PM,
Extremely Petty - Airfield Control Battletype
The description reads

" Never a mission to be warmly received, players tasked with airfield control are always in for a tough fight. Airfields offer little to no cover, while often being surrounded by forested hexes that protect attackers. The savvy player's best tactic is often to guard the approaches to the airfield, rather than the airfield itself. To date, no airfield counters have been published. "

Unless I am mistaking its meaning, the last bit is incorrect. Having just played a scenario that used an airfield counter, they definitely came as part of Desert Rats Countersheet #3

https://boardgamegeek.com/image/178409/p...esert-rats

I tried to submit a normal error/omission report but got "Error Submission Authority Denied. Invalid codes" . As some one who frequently submits those, this is the only screen thus far I have seen that error on.
12-22-2022, 12:53 AM,
RE: Extremely Petty - Airfield Control Battletype
It's fixed. I wish I had gotten such scrutiny when I made the earlier Vassal extensions, there might have been few corrections to make.

Anyway, besides Desert Rats, Airfield counters appear in Africa Orientale Italiana (which uses Desert Rats counters), Nihon Silk and Saipan '44.
triangular_cube likes this post
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking