Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chain reaction MC’s?
11-28-2022, 02:00 PM,
Chain reaction MC’s?
Consider the following example:

US platoon scores a 2MC hit on a demoralized full strength german unit. The german unit rolls another demoralization for their 2MC and thus loses a step.

It is my understanding that this step loss does not trigger another 2MC morale check. Is this correct? I could not find in the rulebook a rule saying that step losses, no matter how that loss was incurred automatically trigger 2MC, rather the 2MC check is the effect of an attack result as per the fire tables.

If every step loss triggers a 2MC, units could be wiped out by a chain reaction of bad morale checks.
chaco, Miguelibal, treadasaurusrex And 2 others like this post
11-28-2022, 03:38 PM,
RE: Chain reaction MC’s?
It does not trigger an additional 2MC, you're right.

I think the way the rules are organized 7.0 is "Combat" and all it's types....
7.6 is Step Loss---DUE TO COMBAT.....and it is that last line in the paragraph that might mislead:

"Any unit that suffers a step loss and survives must take an immediate M2 morale check"....
But, based on where it is written (under 7.6...sub-7.0) that is as a result of COMBAT.

14.0 Morale discusses 14.11 Compound Morale Failure.
Basically when a step loss is incurred onto a unit (opp fire) or stack of units (others) the unit (opp fire), or the stack (others),
remaining after the step loss is taken, ALL have to roll 2MC...whenever a step loss is incurred by COMBAT....
Tankodactyl, chaco, Col. Sonichu And 3 others like this post