Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clarifying Column Modifiers.....
11-24-2022, 10:48 AM,
RE: Clarifying Column Modifiers.....
(11-24-2022, 03:24 AM)Reconquista Wrote: WOW, the rules lawyers rule, yet this is not the Supreme Court! This forum is supposed to be about a board game and not about splitting hairs and posting insulting commentary.
The ungenerous implications about other people in the Forum who differ from your opinion does not reflect well on the sender. I know that Tambu and others on this thread can read and comprehend the language perfectly well. Their comments should not be held up for even gentle derision as Cjsiam and other are doing.

Dude---you're out of line.
Telling someone they are mistaken can be done gently or with a hammer...but, if they are wrong, they are wrong.
I was trying to be both polite, and gentle--and clarifying why and for what reason.
The English is plain, and unequivocal.  Correctly reading the rules results in only one process---that is why writing
rules can be hard and is appreciated when it is done well--as it actually has been done here.
Correctly reading, and interpreting the rules should be of interest to all off us....
I thought that is what this forum was for, and why we discuss the rules.

There was no "Derision"...there was clarification...
Perhaps in this modern age of wokeness it is not possible to "correct" someone, or point out their error...
But I don't live in that time....and I prefer to play by the rules correctly, at least until we reach a point when
we agree (both agree) that we will interpret the rules differently then as intended by the author--for whatever reason that may be.

Having a position about rules being read and played correctly is not "Rules Lawyering" by any stretch...
Helping clarify where people are missing something, mis-read or misinterpret is not being Derisive...
Get a grip.
Schoenwulf and daedalus like this post

Messages In This Thread
Clarifying Column Modifiers..... - by cjsiam - 11-23-2022, 11:53 AM
RE: Clarifying Column Modifiers..... - by Tambu - 11-23-2022, 12:36 PM
RE: Clarifying Column Modifiers..... - by cjsiam - 11-23-2022, 03:20 PM
RE: Clarifying Column Modifiers..... - by cjsiam - 11-24-2022, 10:48 AM