Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remedial Illumination
10-27-2022, 09:52 AM,
Remedial Illumination
What happens when: in a nighttime scenario with a visibility of only 1 hex, playing with the smoke-illumination and hidden unit rules, you successfully fire an illumination mission, but the enemy force you illuminate includes hidden units in limiting terrain? 
Can you only spot those "hidden"units that are in clear terrain if your forward observers are within the 8 or 4 hex illumination range limitation?
Can you also see those that are illuminated, but are hiding in limiting terrain.
I suspect that the answer is, no in the second instance, but thought that I should pose both questions.
Tubac52, OldPueblo, goosebrown And 6 others like this post
10-27-2022, 10:25 AM,
RE: Remedial Illumination
Hi Karen. Illuminated hexes are spotted using normal spotting rules. Hidden units are spotted at ¼ the normal range. So, hidden units in limiting terrain are spotted at 1 hex (fractions are always rounded up), otherwise they are spotted at 3 hexes.
chaco, Miguelibal, OldPueblo And 4 others like this post
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
10-27-2022, 12:03 PM,
So....
Dug in hidden units, which are normally spotted at 3 hexes, upon illumination are spotted at three hexes ....

Illumination, and being within the illumination envelope, means you are spotted with NORMAL spotting rules...
It does not remove Hidden.....you are still Hidden, and are treated (for the Turn--until the flare comes to ground...) like your
hidden units are basking in the noon day sun---(hidden basking, that is...)...

Smile
Tubac52, Dougal1951, Tambu And 8 others like this post
10-27-2022, 01:06 PM,
(10-27-2022, 12:03 PM)cjsiam Wrote: ....(for the Turn--until the flare comes to ground...) like your
hidden units are basking in the noon day sun---(hidden basking, that is...)...

Smile
I thought for a minute you said "busking" and I was considering how that would work and I am pretty sure you wouldn't stay hidden although you might confuse the enemy into throwing coins into a guitar case...
cjsiam, treadasaurusrex, Dougal1951 And 7 others like this post

User Experience begins with You...
Always looking for people to play PzGdr, Napoleonic Games, and Great War at Sea
(the Vassal for GWAS Mediterranean specifically).