Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Britain's Battle of the Bulge - Scenario 1 Special Rules
10-15-2022, 02:30 AM,
Britain's Battle of the Bulge - Scenario 1 Special Rules
Got this book a couple months back and finally have a chance to dive in. I have a question on the Special Rules for the first scenario.

SR#5 says German Units may exit the west edge of Board 23. Since that would put them on Board 24 I was wondering whether that meant the 'east' edge of 23 or maybe the west edge of board '22'. Given where most of the action is likely to take place, the latter seems like it might be more apt... but I'm not sure. I don't necessarily expect it to come into play but in reading the AAR for it, there's a reference to fighting over the western hill on board 24...but the eastern hill is the one mentioned in the VC...so I'm just wondering if I missed some errata somewhere or if anyone knew what the intent was.
10-15-2022, 02:46 AM,
RE: Britain's Battle of the Bulge - Scenario 1 Special Rules
I suspect east edge of 23. Since just removed from the game, that makes sense as victory is to the west.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
10-15-2022, 08:29 PM,
    Special Rule Nr 5 was not included in my original version... Historically speaking, it should be the west side of board 22 since there was indeed a small forest track leading to the Meuse from that side. However, there was no good bridge and the slope is too steep on that track. As far as the game is concerned, special rule nr 5 can be deleted.
10-15-2022, 08:36 PM,
      Special Rule Nr 5 was not included in my original version... Historically speaking, it should be the west side of board 22 since there was indeed a small forest track leading to the Meuse from that side. However, there was no good bridge and the slope is too steep on that track. As far as the game is concerned, special rule nr 5 can be deleted.
10-15-2022, 10:53 PM,
(10-15-2022, 08:36 PM)leonard Wrote:   Special Rule Nr 5 was not included in my original version... Historically speaking, it should be the west side of board 22 since there was indeed a small forest track leading to the Meuse from that side. However, there was no good bridge and the slope is too steep on that track. As far as the game is concerned, special rule nr 5 can be deleted.

Thanks Philippe. I'll make an errata point for that.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
10-16-2022, 02:18 AM,
Great, thank you!