Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AAR report issue?
10-14-2022, 06:01 PM,
AAR report issue?
So, having just finished a multi session game---I wrote long AAR....

When I saved it----I got the message:  "You must be logged in to see this page"...

LOST the writing....Gone, Nada, kaput, buttkess....
Frustrating......

Has anyone else seen this?

I'm guessing a "save a copy" or "write it elsewhere and then paste it" caution is in order....
damn....
goosebrown and treadasaurusrex like this post
10-14-2022, 11:35 PM,
RE: AAR report issue?
You deserved that considering the good luck you had during the game. The cookie from PG-HQ expires after 1 week. When you load or reload a page from PG-HQ, the website looks for that cookie. If it isn't found, you are not logged in. Your cookie must have expired while you were writing your AAR.
cjsiam likes this post
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
10-15-2022, 01:13 AM,
FWIW when i browse on firefox, PG-HQ logs me out nearly daily, seemingly at random. Luckily I've never been logged out in the process of entering a long AAR.
10-15-2022, 06:36 AM,
Proof again, that one should keep a running commentary as part of one's OPLAN for multi-session, shared plays, that is separate from the PG-HQ AAR system. One can then just cut-and-paste it to the PG-HQ AAR scenario folder at your leisure.
cjsiam, goosebrown, Tambu And 1 others like this post
10-15-2022, 07:47 AM,
(10-14-2022, 06:01 PM)cjsiam Wrote: When I saved it----I got the message:  "You must be logged in to see this page"...

LOST the writing....Gone, Nada, kaput, buttkess....
Frustrating......

Has anyone else seen this?

I'm guessing a "save a copy" or "write it elsewhere and then paste it" caution is in order....
damn....
I think that writing it somewhere else and copying it is a safe idea.
Tambu, cjsiam, treadasaurusrex like this post

User Experience begins with You...
Always looking for people to play PzGdr, Napoleonic Games, and Great War at Sea
(the Vassal for GWAS Mediterranean specifically).
10-15-2022, 09:40 AM,
(10-15-2022, 01:13 AM)triangular_cube Wrote: FWIW when i browse on firefox, PG-HQ logs me out nearly daily, seemingly at random. Luckily I've never been logged out in the process of entering a long AAR.

I have the same problem. It happens when you go from the forums back to the main site. We're actually running two different systems and when you log in to the main site I silently log you into the forum by manipulating the forum's innate login system. The cookie created has something wrong with it, though, and it susceptible to ... crumbling? It's something I've been putting off because it's difficult to troubleshoot.
cjsiam likes this post
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
10-15-2022, 11:35 AM,
(10-15-2022, 09:40 AM)Shad Wrote:
(10-15-2022, 01:13 AM)triangular_cube Wrote: FWIW when i browse on firefox, PG-HQ logs me out nearly daily, seemingly at random. Luckily I've never been logged out in the process of entering a long AAR.

I have the same problem. It happens when you go from the forums back to the main site. We're actually running two different systems and when you log in to the main site I silently log you into the forum by manipulating the forum's innate login system. The cookie created has something wrong with it, though, and it susceptible to ... crumbling? It's something I've been putting off because it's difficult to troubleshoot.
"Crumbling" browser cookies?
My God man! Is NOTHING sacred?
Is there no firmament in our electronic world....
I am undone....
treadasaurusrex, Tubac52, goosebrown And 1 others like this post
10-20-2022, 09:29 AM,
This might be a good place to ask a related question:

How exactly do you post AAR's to the website? I see them under the various boxed sets but no clue how to add my own!
10-20-2022, 10:31 AM,
First go to My PG-HQ, Records and AARs. Ther you will find options for a new AAR and to modify an existing one. If a new one, the system will have you select which scenario you are writing the AAR for. In the later case, you just choose the one you wish to modify. AARs may be embellished with the same markup script as the comments in the main page. Keep in mind that if you write an AAR, it will appear relative to other scenarios played which have had AARs written.
OldPueblo, Miguelibal, Tubac52 like this post
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking