Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Brief but glorious moment.....
09-16-2022, 01:01 PM,
A Brief but glorious moment.....
This game constantly surprises.....
I cannot even recall the number of times harassing fire of 1 or 2 DF has demoralized, when 16-20 does nothing...

But a glorious moment...
My (currently feverish) well schooled, tactically experienced opponent ran his Pz1 platoon around and behind my meagre lines
....sweeping round my dugin units....trying to block watergand constrained movement channels...

A Bren carrier---with a tactically wise, but morale enhancement feeble, Major of the Guards jumped into a Bren Carrier and Extended assaulted 
the Pz1s from 2 hexes away....the Pz got an OPfire shot off on the approach to no avail against the AFV Bren...
and the Assault ensured...... 5 for the Pz1 and 9 for the Bren with Officer......no impact from the Pz1...but the Bren rolled boxcars....12....
2 steps......Pz1 disappeared....
Sometimes the clouds part, and the sun comes out (of course being in Thailand that generally means a new front is pushing in over the Burmese
 gulf...it is Monsoon season, after all....)

We were both silent for a moment.....
Some times this game makes me crazy ....(rolling 7s during major DF or BF)...
but sometimes....sigh....
A brief bright moment before the crash of a German battalion hits my minor defenses.....
sagunto, Tubac52, treadasaurusrex And 1 others like this post
09-16-2022, 01:27 PM,
RE: A Brief but glorious moment.....
(09-16-2022, 01:01 PM)cjsiam Wrote: This game constantly surprises.....
I cannot even recall the number of times harassing fire of 1 or 2 DF has demoralized, when 16-20 does nothing...
Just had to rub it in didn't you? If the rolls had been reversed, that town would be n much worse shape. Still, you have recovery time.

(09-16-2022, 01:01 PM)cjsiam Wrote: But a glorious moment...
My (currently feverish) well schooled, tactically experienced opponent ran his Pz1 platoon around and behind my meagre lines
....sweeping round my dugin units....trying to block watergand constrained movement channels...

A Bren carrier---with a tactically wise, but morale enhancement feeble, Major of the Guards jumped into a Bren Carrier and Extended assaulted 
the Pz1s from 2 hexes away....the Pz got an OPfire shot off on the approach to no avail against the AFV Bren...
and the Assault ensured...... 5 for the Pz1 and 9 for the Bren with Officer......no impact from the Pz1...but the Bren rolled boxcars....12....
Sometimes the clouds part, and the sun comes out (of course being in Thailand that generally means a new front is pushing in over the Burmese
Again, if I had gotten the 66, or even a 65, I might have stopped that bren. Yeah, crazy game.
cjsiam likes this post
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
09-16-2022, 01:49 PM,
(09-16-2022, 01:27 PM)plloyd1010 Wrote:
(09-16-2022, 01:01 PM)cjsiam Wrote: This game constantly surprises.....
Just had to rub it in didn't you? If the rolls had been reversed, that town would be n much worse shape. Still, you have recovery time.

(09-16-2022, 01:01 PM)cjsiam Wrote: But a glorious moment...

Again, if I had gotten the 66, or even a 65, I might have stopped that bren. Yeah, crazy game.

With the intention to "Give hope to the hopeless and downtrodden"....never give up.....even the meagre-ist chance and attack can 
have impact on the game and the enemy....never pass up any shot you have....

To quote from another classic....."Never Give UP! Never Surrender!".....
Schoenwulf, NBGB, goosebrown And 1 others like this post
10-05-2022, 02:07 PM,
By Grabthar's hammer... by the Suns of Worvan... you shall be... avenged!
Tubac52, OldPueblo, treadasaurusrex And 6 others like this post

User Experience begins with You...
Always looking for people to play PzGdr, Napoleonic Games, and Great War at Sea
(the Vassal for GWAS Mediterranean specifically).
10-07-2022, 11:43 PM,
From the Assault Table 4th Gen Rules:

+1 Side includes undemoralized friendly leader (not tank leader) and at least one non-AFV unit.

The officer should not count in this example since the Bren is considered an AFV and there is not another non-AFV unit in the hex.

Asking for a Friend
treadasaurusrex, chaco, sagunto And 5 others like this post
"Don't let the dirt and rust hang you up, we like to give the impression that we are out of action badly in need of rest and reorganization"
10-08-2022, 01:58 AM,
Damn!
Juiceman, you seem to be correct....It should have taken only ONE step, not both....and forced an M2 on the reduced Pz1 remaining...

Damn....
OK...so....still splendid, but not glorious...

My esteemed opponent didn't catch it either.....wow.....
we should know better.....
Just goes to show.....check everything twice....
cochise75, chaco, treadasaurusrex And 5 others like this post