Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bombardment Table Modifier
09-03-2022, 09:08 AM,
Bombardment Table Modifier
On the Bombardment table, the last modifier in the right-hand column states the following.

+2 Target is adjacent to firing unit that is not a mortar or rocket.

Now, I have always interpreted this to mean that if the firing unit was a mortar or rocket unit it would not get the +2 column shift. Today, I was playing someone who interpreted the modifier differently. He felt that the +2 was warranted as long as the target was not a mortar or rocket.

Help
Daedalus
treadasaurusrex, goosebrown, Tubac52 like this post
09-03-2022, 09:33 AM,
RE: Bombardment Table Modifier
Your interpretation is the correct one. So if the unit firing unit is a howitzer, field gun or large AA gun, they would get a +2 modifier firing upon the adjacent hex.

Modifiers regarding target units usually begin "Target is ..." If the modifier conditions don't begin that way, it's safe to assume it about the firing unit.
daedalus, triangular_cube, Tubac52 And 3 others like this post
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
09-03-2022, 09:39 AM,
Thanks for the quick reply!
goosebrown likes this post
09-30-2022, 04:48 AM,
(09-03-2022, 09:08 AM)daedalus Wrote: >>Now, I have always interpreted this to mean that if the firing unit was a mortar or rocket unit it would not get the +2 column shift. Today, I was playing someone who interpreted the modifier differently. <<

I am with you. Mortars and Rockets are high trajectory weapons, The rest could be cranked down and fired over open sights which was common in the PTO and recorded in a lot of fights there. 

Mortars and rockets just cannot do that by sighting down the barrels like everything else could. 

User Experience begins with You...
Always looking for people to play PzGdr, Napoleonic Games, and Great War at Sea
(the Vassal for GWAS Mediterranean specifically).