Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Panzer Lehr and laser cut counters.
06-06-2012, 06:03 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-06-2012, 06:18 AM by awdougherty.)
RE: Panzer Lehr and laser cut counters.
(06-06-2012, 05:51 AM)Poor Yorek Wrote: The entire row of Pz-IV F2 and Panther counters has the DF and AT values cut on the bottom and the AT yellow background certainly crosses over into the counter below it (the Pz-IV's into the Panthers, for example). I suppose AWDougherty can comment on what they look like when punched out.

Whilst one might not expect "perfection," - whatever that might mean - I submit that when one pays well-earned money for a product, that product should be held to professional standards: here, that means the artwork for the counters which, after all, along with the maps & scenarios constitute the essence of the game. Can one "make out" the values? Sure. But I'm suggesting that one should not be paying for a sloppy product and, especially, work that should never have passed a quality control check. If, as J6A suggests, this example is a singular printing (i.e. its not common to every printing of that particular sheet), then I believe that AWD should ask for and expect to get a replacement set from APL.

Yeah, this phrases my thoughts well. I feel that a professional standard in this case requires properly printed counters. I will be contacting AP to see if they will work with me about replacing the misaligned set, and AP is definitely not alone here. I've seen similar things from a number of other companies and as long as they do what they can to fix the mistake, I don't worry about it.

The burn marks will be a problem for me personally, however, and I'm not sure what can be done about that. I'll see if I have some time to punch and clip the counters tonight, maybe get another picture of them so people can compare. To me, scorch marks constitute damage, and I'm left to wonder if other companies who laser cut have the same issue. I think Worthington Games just went with a laser cutter, I thought I saw a video of it in action. I'd be curious to know how those counters turned out.

If the scorch marks are something that has to be accepted, then I have enough Panzer Grenadier, Second World War at Sea, and other non-AP wargames to last me three lifetimes, so Kursk will be my final PG (and possibly AP if this plagues all of their products) purchase.

edit: Here's the link to the Worthington Games laser cut video, doesn't look like they show the back.

Edit 2: sent an email to AP customer support. We'll see what happens.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Panzer Lehr and laser cut counters. - by Shad - 06-05-2012, 11:35 PM
RE: Panzer Lehr and laser cut counters. - by J6A - 06-06-2012, 03:14 AM
RE: Panzer Lehr and laser cut counters. - by J6A - 06-06-2012, 05:23 AM
RE: Panzer Lehr and laser cut counters. - by awdougherty - 06-06-2012, 06:03 AM
RE: Panzer Lehr and laser cut counters. - by J6A - 06-06-2012, 06:35 AM
RE: Panzer Lehr and laser cut counters. - by J6A - 06-06-2012, 06:39 AM
RE: Panzer Lehr and laser cut counters. - by Shad - 06-06-2012, 08:30 AM
RE: Panzer Lehr and laser cut counters. - by J6A - 06-06-2012, 05:24 PM