Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Split results on bombardment table
06-18-2022, 01:03 PM,
Split results on bombardment table
We had a situation my opponent and I this evening and I have a question about how the CRTs should work.

I had an ATG and an INF in a hex under bombardment from 54 artillery factors. That came down to a 42 for the INF and a 55 for the ATG because of the +1 for target being ATG. 

My opponent rolled a 10 which was an X in both the 42 and 55 columns. 

His position was that that was an X for the ATG and an X for the INF as though it were two attacks. 

My position was that the fire mission was one attack and that the X should come off one unit (the ATG) but that there should be no step loss for the INF. If the ATG or the INF were alone in the hex, it would only have been a single step loss no matter how you work it out. So with both of them in the hex it was still just an X not a 2X.

This is a gamey question and I am good either way, but it was an interesting result and wanted input.

User Experience begins with You...
Always looking for people to play PzGdr, Napoleonic Games, and Great War at Sea
(the Vassal for GWAS Mediterranean specifically).
06-18-2022, 01:47 PM,
RE: Split results on bombardment table
There was a discussion about this long ago, in this very forum as I recall. The consensus is (or was at the time) that equal results from different columns may be applied to any unit subject to that result.

Had your opponent rolled an 11, X/2X result, the situation changes. Different results are applied the more vulnerable unit(s) first until remaining results (X's) may be applied equally. What would happen with the INF-ATG stack, is the 1st hit would apply to the ATG and the 2nd to the INF. If there were 2 ATG's and and INF, the 1st hit would kill an ATG, the 2nd could go either way.

Short answer: 1 step loss, and it may be applied to either unit.
goosebrown and Schoenwulf like this post
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
06-19-2022, 01:09 PM,
Quote:There was a discussion about this long ago, in this very forum as I recall.

Can you link to that discussion?  I searched for it but couldn't find it.
goosebrown likes this post
06-20-2022, 07:46 AM,
Fred, I think it might have been this one: BF loss with AT gun.
I also found this in my search: Bombardment casualties and Leaders.
I'm not sure the first is the one I remember, but it is at least similar. The second just seemed germane.
goosebrown likes this post
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking