• can create new shared play
  • can create new AAR
  • can modify AAR
  • can modify play
  • can convert solo play to shared
  • can convert shared play to solo
KNOWN BUGS
  • cannot convert solo to shared and then immediately back to solo
If you notice any weirdness regarding the above, please reply here with details. Thank you.
cjsiam likes this post
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
05-31-2022, 09:20 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-31-2022, 09:21 PM by plloyd1010.)
RE: [ PATCH ] Record Submission & Modification
I'm a little confused by this one:
I wonder firstly, is that really a thing players have done? Second, what does "immediately" mean? Does it mean I need to leave the Records & AAR section? Leave PG-HQ? Logout and back in? Mostly I wonder about the first thing, I can live with the second.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
05-31-2022, 11:18 PM,
(05-31-2022, 09:20 PM)plloyd1010 Wrote: I'm a little confused by this one:
I wonder firstly, is that really a thing players have done? Second, what does "immediately" mean? Does it mean I need to leave the Records & AAR section? Leave PG-HQ? Logout and back in? Mostly I wonder about the first thing, I can live with the second.

I'm a little confused by it too, which is why it's still extant. Basically during testing I run through as many odd uses as I can find because users will always surprise you. Right now if I record a solo play, immediately modify it to Convert to Shared, then immediately modify it to Convert to Solo it errors out. Something is not being toggled correctly. I didn't have time to dig into it over the weekend and pushed the patch anyway because it's a weird use case. I'll find and fix it this week.
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
05-31-2022, 11:45 PM,
Quote:... because users will always surprise you.
My company makes ruggedized  wireless phones for healthcare, retail and industrial customers. I do DVT and am the last stop in failure analysis. I am not often surprised by what users can do, just confounded by why and how they do it.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
06-01-2022, 05:10 AM,

It doesnt seem THAT unlikely for someone to do this to me. A user has an old play they convert, they convert that solo to shared. A second later realize they converted scenario 4 instead of scenario 5, then immediately convert scenario 4 back to solo.
06-01-2022, 05:26 AM,
(06-01-2022, 05:10 AM)triangular_cube Wrote:

It doesnt seem THAT unlikely for someone to do this to me. A user has an old play they convert, they convert that solo to shared. A second later realize they converted scenario 4 instead of scenario 5, then immediately convert scenario 4 back to solo.

Not trying to be difficult here, but wouldn't a user know that it was a shared play when it was new? If they are not aware enough to know that a new play was shared in the first place, what sort of enlightenment will bring about that epiphany later? I make mistakes like everyone else, I and most know of them in less than a couple minutes
06-01-2022, 12:02 PM,
(05-31-2022, 11:45 PM)plloyd1010 Wrote:
Quote:... because users will always surprise you.
My company makes ruggedized  wireless phones for healthcare, retail and industrial customers. I do DVT and am the last stop in failure analysis. I am not often surprised by what users can do, just confounded by why and how they do it.

Oh, you should see what Privates can do to their equipment.
06-01-2022, 02:09 PM,
Amen!
06-10-2022, 04:35 AM,
Still the forums are serving parts of the page as http and parts as https so giving you the unstyled version of the page until you remove the "s" from https in the address bar. There are screen shots in the forum with the errors in the chrome console. 

[Image: shad.png]

[Image: shad2.png]

User Experience begins with You...
Always looking for people to play PzGdr, Napoleonic Games, and Great War at Sea
(the Vassal for GWAS Mediterranean specifically).
06-10-2022, 04:36 AM,
@shad ^^

User Experience begins with You...
Always looking for people to play PzGdr, Napoleonic Games, and Great War at Sea
(the Vassal for GWAS Mediterranean specifically).