Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unit Substitutions - Beyond Normandy for Liberation 44
05-27-2022, 04:10 AM,
Unit Substitutions - Beyond Normandy for Liberation 44
I bought Britan's Battle of the Bulge without paying enough attention to what was needed, and now I see Liberation 1944 is out of stock. I have Beyond Normandy, and looking at the orders of battle for each one, they seem to have the same counter list, so thought I would go ahead and make that substitution. Thought I'd check in with this bunch of much more experienced PGers and see if anyone knew of any other reasons I might need to wait until Liberation 1944 becomes available again. Thanks.
"Kill them all, let God sort them out."
05-27-2022, 04:42 AM,
RE: Unit Substitutions - Beyond Normandy for Liberation 44
Well mister Parma, that depends on how much DIY you want to do. Most of the Beyond Normandy counters will work fine. The first problem is the fireflys, but you can download the updated ones here. Next problem is 6-pdrs, in Beyond Normandy they have HVAP ammo, in Lib'44 they don't. So the AT value used in Britain's Bulge would be 3. Last are the British paras, you will a few of them in 4 scenarios, along with para MG's. It's quite doable, it depends on much work you want to do.
pixatintes likes this post
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
05-27-2022, 05:47 AM,
Peter, did you rattle that off from memory or did you need to do some research? Either way that's damn impressive, but if the former... Surprised
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
05-27-2022, 05:54 AM,
The basics were from memory. Details like where the PDF file was and number of scenarios needing paras took a smidgen of research.
Shad, cjsiam, Schoenwulf like this post
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
06-02-2022, 07:00 AM,
Thanks! I'll take a look at things and decide over the weekend. Not like I don't have a whole lot of other PG goodness waiting on some attention. Smile
06-02-2022, 08:43 AM,
(06-02-2022, 07:00 AM)thomaso827 Wrote: Not like I don't have a whole lot of other PG goodness waiting on some attention. Smile

You are enrolled in Self-study in the Vassal academy, you could start on that.
cjsiam likes this post
06-03-2022, 05:07 AM,
Yep. Got to get started. Hope to get at least one out this weekend. My wife's 'honey-do' list pretty well killed my Memorial Day weekend somehow.  Dodgy