Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Rules] Airborne Remastered Scenario 4 Special Rules
05-12-2022, 03:44 AM,
Airborne Remastered Scenario 4 Special Rules
In Airborne remastered, scenario 4, The Lock, the US Airborne get an off-board artillery increment of 16 but it states that US para leaders may not spot for this artillery.

I may not be reading the bombardment rules correctly but, I am not seeing how this artillery can be employed without the US leaders spotting for it. Para 9.1 states that units using Bombardment fire do not have to spot for themselves. A friendly, undemoralized regular leader can set the tart for them unless the scenario instruction say otherwise.

So, how does this work as the scenario instructions state that the Para leaders may not spot for the off-board artillery? How do off-board artillery units spot for themselves?
Schoenwulf likes this post
05-12-2022, 04:31 AM,
RE: Airborne Remastered Scenario 4 Special Rules
What I am pretty sure happened was poor proofing when the scenario was brought over from Airborne:IE. In Airborne:IE there is  regular 1st LT with the reinforcements. The solution in Airborne Remastered Would be to designate one of the of the LT's in the reinforcement group as regular army.

Since the OBA is supposed to U.S. 105mm guns, the OBA value should technically be 18. Not that it makes a difference here.
cjsiam likes this post
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
05-12-2022, 04:32 AM,
The 2 earlier versions of Airborne had their own countersheet with distinct Airborne and US Army leaders (also 1st and 2nd LTs but thats another story). Remastered had you use the pieces that were generally available at the time (Elsenborne Ridge IIRC?, it should be in the first section of the scenario booklet). Unfotunately they didnt full massage out these wrinkles when translating the scenario to the new counters available. 

The short answer is one of your LTs from the reinforcing group is a US Army LT and can spot for the OBA. You cant use the OBA until he arrives and can spot for it. That's if you are willing to interpret the scenario as it was originally published, when the para/inf leader distinction was in the counterbase, and the SSR was originally written. 

You might see similar issues with other scenarios too. I'll keep these modules at the top of my storage pile in case we need to look up the details for other scenarios. Just let me know.
05-12-2022, 04:36 AM,
(05-12-2022, 04:31 AM)plloyd1010 Wrote: What I am pretty sure happened was poor proofing when the scenario was brought over from Airborne:IE. In Airborne:IE there is  regular 1st LT with the reinforcements. The solution in Airborne Remastered Would be to designate one of the of the LT's in the reinforcement group as regular army.

Since the OBA is supposed to U.S. 105mm guns, the OBA value should technically be 18. Not that it makes a difference here.

Despite the post being up for 50 minutes, we both replied within seconds of each other. How very strange.  Big Grin
05-12-2022, 05:36 AM,
Thanks guys for the quick reply!!!
05-12-2022, 08:54 AM,
(05-12-2022, 04:36 AM)triangular_cube Wrote: Despite the post being up for 50 minutes, we both replied within seconds of each other. How very strange.  Big Grin

Maybe our lunch breaks coincide.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking