Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can land cruisers dig in?
05-08-2022, 05:38 AM,
Can land cruisers dig in?
I would expect not, as they are way to big. There is the game maxim, "If not prohibited or prevented, it is allowed." By that they would be. I'm asking because I am working on the Vassal pieces.

Peace Larry.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
05-08-2022, 07:14 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-08-2022, 07:15 AM by Michael Murphy.)
RE: Can land cruisers dig in?
I don’t see this spelled out in the book, but a careful reading of the introduction to Scenario 6, (Bring me the Head of St. John the Baptist), offers a clue or two. First is the line that nothing smaller than a warehouse would adequately conceal the monstrosities. Second is the description of sweating, swearing soldiers trying to bury them in the dirt. The implication seems to be that it took a good part of the night to bury even one of these tanks.

To me that indicates that digging in a Land Cruiser is not possible during the course of a scenario.

Just my 2¢ worth and all that.

Peace. Michael

RIP Larry
goosebrown likes this post
05-08-2022, 10:15 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-08-2022, 10:16 AM by triangular_cube.)
eh, Rules are Rules and Fluff is Fluff. 

I'd let them dig in in Vassal and leave it up to the players to decide if they want to house rule an exclusion. Then everyone can do what they want. 

Realism really doesn't have much application in those Land Cruiser modules anyway.
05-11-2022, 09:17 AM,
I missed that one in development; land cruisers should not be allowed to dig in.
goosebrown and cjsiam like this post