Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How are leaders sorted in the ILS?
05-02-2022, 05:01 AM,
How are leaders sorted in the ILS?
I was entering leaders for the Chinese NRA in Vassal. So whatever reason I decided the check the values I had on my list, which is a text copy of the ILS leaders. While I was comparing that to the counterset, I noticed the order in which they are presented was completely from the order in the counterset. I don't see why the order in the ILS would matter. Nor does the order have any relevance to my purpose. I was just wondering if the ILS keeps the leaders in the same order in which they were entered or does it sort them in some way?
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
05-03-2022, 01:47 AM,
RE: How are leaders sorted in the ILS?
Having entered a lot of leaders in the ILS, I can tell you that it sorts them alphabetically by nation, then service, then rank.  The sorting occurs each time you hit the 'save' button on the 'Edit these leaders' page.  I haven't really kept note of whether it sorts each rank by morale and/or modifiers, but my impression is that it does.

As you pointed out, the sorting doesn't really matter to the function of choosing leaders.
05-03-2022, 02:02 AM,
RE: How are leaders sorted in the ILS?
I know it sorts alphabetically by nation, then rank name, then (apparently) numerically by value. I was just curious.

In the Vassal extensions, I give a letter ID for each leader. That's for those scenarios that have you select a leader over randomly drawing one. Captain A always had a lower front side value than Captain B.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking