Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rule 7.52 Separate column Modifiers in One Attack
04-23-2022, 09:59 PM,
Rule 7.52 Separate column Modifiers in One Attack
7.52 states the you make one roll but use different columns to determine the combat results on the different target units.

Below is a situation I came upon recently.

In a clear hex location there is a leader, an unlimbered AT gun, a wagon and a Rifle PLT that is attacked using bombardment fire. The bombardment factors total 30. There is a one column shift to the right for the AT gun ( 42 factors) while the other units will receive a 30 factor attack.
An 11 is rolled which results in an X under both the 42 column and under the 30 column.

Are both combat results applied to the units in the location? The AT gun suffers an X (under the 42 column) and the wagon and Rifle PLT suffer an X as well(under the 30 column)? I would say yes but. I want to make sure I am interpreting the rule correctly.
Schoenwulf and treadasaurusrex like this post
04-23-2022, 11:16 PM,
RE: Rule 7.52 Separate column Modifiers in One Attack
No not quite. The way most people play it is the worst result goes to units subject to the highest column first and bad results are not passed to lower units. In your example, since both columns give an X result, the loss could be taken from either unit, but there is only 1 X total.

Let's assume you rolled a 12, X/2X result. The gun would be lost, and the second X would be passed downward because the infantry also has 1 X against it.

Now assume you rolled a 10, M2/X result. The gun is lost because it is most vulnerable, everything else gets an M2.

Leaders are always assumed to be with the least vulnerable unit(s) for the results, but all step losses would still count for the leader loss check.
joe_oppenheimer, daedalus, treadasaurusrex like this post
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
04-24-2022, 07:11 AM,
(04-23-2022, 11:16 PM)plloyd1010 Wrote: No not quite. The way most people play it is the worst result goes to units subject to the highest column first and bad results are not passed to lower units. In your example, since both columns give an X result, the loss could be taken from either unit, but there is only 1 X total.

Let's assume you rolled a 12, X/2X result. The gun would be lost, and the second X would be passed downward because the infantry also has 1 X against it.

Now assume you rolled a 10, M2/X result. The gun is lost because it is most vulnerable, everything else gets an M2.

Leaders are always assumed to be with the least vulnerable unit(s) for the results, but all step losses would still count for the leader loss check.

Am I correct in thinking that no matter whether the INF or AT takes the step loss, the wagon is also eliminated?
04-24-2022, 08:25 AM,
(04-24-2022, 07:11 AM)wleonard1 Wrote: Am I correct in thinking that no matter whether the INF or AT takes the step loss, the wagon is also eliminated?

Yes
treadasaurusrex likes this post
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking