Poll: How should scenario plays be recorded for player stats
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Once per scenario
11.11%
1 11.11%
Once per side played in a scanario
0%
0 0%
Once per side played in a scenario INCLUDING once for solo play
88.89%
8 88.89%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How should PG-HQ count scenario plays for player stats
05-22-2022, 09:20 AM,
RE: How should PG-HQ count scenario plays for player stats
Precisely.

The ranks are unimportant.  I'd rather have full reporting of games played than ranks.

Full reporting of all plays will give a better sense of scenario balance, which is important in person v. person plays... the more plays the better the stats are on the game.  

Although i doubt if there would be cheating and lying about games played, because if there would be, we would already be seeing it.  I could go in and report game after game as being played without ever playing them and nobody would be the wiser.   And I suspect, this could be spotted, and such a person probably wouldn't stay on PG-HQ for the long term.  Has then been any suspect play entries in the life of PG-HQ so far?

If rank cheating is a real concern, then dump the whole rank concept.  I like it, it's a bit of chrome and, maybe, an incentive.  But ranks are no real prize.

ASL has had an online Remote On-line Automated Record (ROAR) website for game play recording since 1997.  It has no ranks, but it is an invaluable tool for gathering balance statistics, especially for tournaments.  All plays are recorded except there is no provision for solo play, but you can simply enter yourself as an opponent and there is supposed to be a way for solo play to not count in balance because the ASL community did not want solo play to count in balance. only play against an opponent.  I've never heard of any abuse of the system.  But I have an automated record of every game of ASL I've played, not including playtests.
waynebaumber, cochise75, treadasaurusrex like this post

Messages In This Thread
RE: How should PG-HQ count scenario plays for player stats - by Blackcloud6 - 05-22-2022, 09:20 AM