Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Casement OCD
03-12-2022, 10:04 AM,
Casement OCD
I am doing Vassal graphics for Peace in Our Time. They are all done except for the casements. The OCD part comes in with having French casements on the Czech countryside. Somewhat more Czech referencing would be nice.

Case 1, 2 & 3 are no big deal, they are just generic.
Case Mit, Mit is probably Mitraillette, as machine gun. Machine gun in Czech is Kulomet. No problem here either, use Case Kul for the label.
Case AC and Case Jum are enigmas. What are AC and Jum for? What are the Czech equivalents?

Huh Undecided
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
03-12-2022, 08:25 PM,
RE: Casement OCD
AC is for anti-char = anti-tank
Jum is « jumelé » meaning twin MG
treadasaurusrex likes this post
03-12-2022, 11:45 PM,
Thank you Philippe.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
03-13-2022, 03:03 AM,
Forgive my lexicology OCD, but it's casemate, not casement.
03-13-2022, 03:25 AM,
So Google Translate says:
anti-tank = protitankový
dual machine gun = dvojitý kulomet

So the relabeled casemates should be:
Case Mit = Case Kul
Case Jum = Case DK
Case AC = Case Prot

How is that?

P.S. I was thinking that Jum was referring to something more like "Rifle Pit", because the Jum's are 3-3 and the Mit's are 4-4.
Schoenwulf and treadasaurusrex like this post
03-13-2022, 09:41 AM,
Peter, indeed, "Jum" means "Jumelés" = Twin or Dual but most of the time, there were armed with just twin FM 24/29 (fusil mitrailleur) and not twin MGs. Hence 3-3...

By the way, have you seen the new PSK counter for Fire & Sword ? You bare some responsability for that one !
03-13-2022, 12:27 PM,
(03-13-2022, 09:41 AM)leonard Wrote: Peter, indeed, "Jum" means "Jumelés" = Twin or Dual but most of the time, there were armed with just twin FM 24/29 (fusil mitrailleur) and not twin MGs. Hence 3-3...
So more like a couple of Lewis guns. Interesting...

(03-13-2022, 09:41 AM)leonard Wrote: By the way, have you seen the new PSK counter for Fire & Sword ? You bare some responsability for that one !
Yes I did, in the Gold Club emails. Quite different from the one that originally appeared in Campaigns and Commanders Vol. 1: War in the East. I can't take all the credit/blame. Jay Townsend and Dave Murray are also culpable for creating infantry anti-tank units. When the Raketenwerfer appears, yeah, that's all me (so far).