Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
US Proximity Fuses and Friendly Fire
08-30-2012, 04:39 AM,
RE: US Proximity Fuses and Friendly Fire
(08-30-2012, 03:30 AM)campsawyer Wrote: If you move your units into the open with VT fuses in effect, you deserve what you get. Wink

True, but that is not the point I am trying to make. The question is whether the FF rules should be commensurate with the increased effectiveness of the VT fusing.

After all, the US could put their infantry in the open with open terrain adjacent: no matter how clever the German player is with his approach, to assault they will have to move adjacent allowing the US player then the advantage of the VT fusing Bombardment Fire. What I was suggesting is that, in that case, being adjacent, ought not the risk of FF be commensurate (at least to some extent) with the advantage gained since VT fusing knows neither friend nor foe?

Of course, were US forces in a town or woods hex that forced the Germans to approach adjacent into an open hex (prior to assault), then the US force would be immune to any increased FF effect (by my proposal - if it be that) as the existing rule only allows for the column shift in open terrain.

Messages In This Thread
RE: US Proximity Fuses and Friendly Fire - by Poor Yorek - 08-30-2012, 04:39 AM
RE: US Proximity Fuses and Friendly Fire - by J6A - 08-30-2012, 03:33 AM
RE: US Proximity Fuses and Friendly Fire - by J6A - 08-30-2012, 04:52 AM