Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eastern Front/fire in the steppe
02-09-2022, 10:48 PM,
Eastern Front/fire in the steppe
AS I was looking at the book expansions there are several that require the Eastern Front Module which is out of print. Also, I have Fire in the steppe and it looks like if you have Fire in the Steppe you have everything to use from Eastern Front. I know it is not an easy fix but maybe something written in the description mentioning Fire in the Steppe if you don't have Eastern Front. Just a suggestion I have not purchased some older expansion because it required Eastern Front. 

Thanks for everything and keep up the good work.

Tony
goosebrown and treadasaurusrex like this post
02-10-2022, 09:05 AM,
RE: Eastern Front/fire in the steppe
(02-09-2022, 10:48 PM)Mad_Anthony77 Wrote: AS I was looking at the book expansions there are several that require the Eastern Front Module which is out of print. Also, I have Fire in the steppe and it looks like if you have Fire in the Steppe you have everything to use from Eastern Front. I know it is not an easy fix but maybe something written in the description mentioning Fire in the Steppe if you don't have Eastern Front. Just a suggestion I have not purchased some older expansion because it required Eastern Front. 

Tony

FWIW. I will sell you my Eastern Front. I am more of a western front sort of guy. Russians give me hives.
treadasaurusrex likes this post

User Experience begins with You...
Always looking for people to play PzGdr, Napoleonic Games, and Great War at Sea
(the Vassal for GWAS Mediterranean specifically).
03-16-2022, 09:54 AM,
I think that is correct - Fire in the Step from one perspective amounted to an update of Eastern Front, with the same maps (redone by the superior illustrator AP is now using - Guy Riessen, if I remember correctly).  I think FitS also has the same OOB as Eastern Front.
goosebrown likes this post
01-29-2023, 09:53 PM,
(03-16-2022, 09:54 AM)t1M0t8yk Wrote: I think that is correct - Fire in the Step from one perspective amounted to an update of Eastern Front, with the same maps (redone by the superior illustrator AP is now using - Guy Riessen, if I remember correctly).  I think FitS also has the same OOB as Eastern Front.

Therefore I understand that it is possible to play all (or almost all) the scenarios with any of the two games.
So, is it possible to get the scenario book separate from one of the games? In my case Fire in the steppe, because I have the Eastern front.
01-30-2023, 12:38 AM,
(01-29-2023, 09:53 PM)pixatintes Wrote: Therefore I understand that it is possible to play all (or almost all) the scenarios with any of the two games.
So, is it possible to get the scenario book separate from one of the games? In my case Fire in the steppe, because I have the Eastern front.

That is correct. Every scenario from Eastern Front Dx, that doesn't involve the Romanians, is playable with Fire in the Steppe. Armata Romana has the Eastern Front  scenarios with the Romanians.
pixatintes, sagunto, Tambu like this post
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
01-30-2023, 12:56 AM,
To sum up - do I need to update the "can I play this scenario?" logic to equate FitS + AR == EF?
pixatintes likes this post
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
01-30-2023, 01:18 AM,
But, is it possible to get the FitS scenario book alone? Huh
treadasaurusrex likes this post
01-30-2023, 03:30 AM,
(01-30-2023, 01:18 AM)pixatintes Wrote: But, is it possible to get the FitS scenario book alone? Huh

No. Nor Africa Orientale Italiana. Both would be good book offerings to longtime players.

(01-30-2023, 12:56 AM)Shad Wrote: To sum up - do I need to update the "can I play this scenario?" logic to equate FitS + AR == EF?

Wouldn't that be a little sticky? Pieces wise there are a lot of crossovers, but without the game, you don't have the book. FitS + AR == EF pieces & maps, plus older (perhaps not updated) AR scenarios. looks messy to me.
Tambu likes this post
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
01-30-2023, 03:30 AM,
I don't think that Mike B. sells a separate plastic-bagged version of the Fire in the Steppe game.
pixatintes, sagunto, Tambu like this post
01-30-2023, 05:04 AM,
(02-09-2022, 10:48 PM)Mad_Anthony77 Wrote: AS I was looking at the book expansions there are several that require the Eastern Front Module which is out of print. Also, I have Fire in the steppe and it looks like if you have Fire in the Steppe you have everything to use from Eastern Front. I know it is not an easy fix but maybe something written in the description mentioning Fire in the Steppe if you don't have Eastern Front. Just a suggestion I have not purchased some older expansion because it required Eastern Front. 

Tony

To play those older games that are out of print you need to see which maps they use, for EF believe FIS are the same.  If not you could DIY them, the maps are pretty easy to free hand on hex paper, not pretty but will work in a pinch.  The next challenge is the counters, think you will find that the basic Soviet unit counters do not change much throughout the games, you just need to make sure the leaders & AS are the same.  Same goes for the Germans from EF to FIS and for the Romanians would check out the book Armata Romana, you might find that the counter sheets are the same as well.
Believe the counter sheets for EF & FIS are the same, thought the sheets that came with for my FIS said Eastern Front on the top of them.
"Don't let the dirt and rust hang you up, we like to give the impression that we are out of action badly in need of rest and reorganization"