Poll: Should there be force appropiate counters?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Leave the substitutes in, like with printed scenarios.
11.11%
1 11.11%
Make force appropiate counters, do rework as info and time allow.
88.89%
8 88.89%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Represented by a truck (and other substitutions)
02-13-2022, 08:07 AM,
RE: Represented by a truck (and other substitutions)
The polling result is quite clear. As time an opportunity arise I, and hopefully others, will make the adjustments. Workers and Peasants is done. Scenarios 19-25 were the relevant ones.
waynebaumber and cjsiam like this post
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
03-11-2022, 04:01 AM,
Not saying I would do this, but ....
As I was checking "Army" for non army counters in Fall of France, an odd thing occurred to me. About a gajillion years ago, I filled out the Grossdeutchland Motor Infantry Regiment with counters in its own color scheme. That included the engineer company, the assault gun battery, trucks, motorcycles and guns. The only GD counter in the library, which is substituted in the scenario book, is 81mm mortar. As to say the GD MIR/MID/PzGD/PzD has no other counters until the appearance of GD'46.

I was musing on adding unique formation counters to the library, then switching them for the generics in the scenarios. I'm not saying I would endorse the idea. There seem to be only 2 active staff members at PG-HQ, and this would be a lot of work. There would be complications, like the 77mm gun with the Ariete Div which was never there, or the 3rd Armored Div not having INF counters. Still, it was nice to imagine the Desert Rats  and the 1st Panzer Div driving across scenario pages.

The library is probably too complicated as it is.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
03-14-2022, 06:01 AM,
RE: Represented by a truck (and other substitutions)
I'm going to just reply to this so the context is kept rather than explain it all in a ticket. 

The Tank Battles Austria scenarios were already using the substitute counters in the library (displaying Shutzbund and Heimwehr in their own colors as were finally printed in Hopeless but Not Serious, so there isnt really any updates needed for that specifically. 

I would suggest adding to the notes for Scenarios 7 & 8 (Austria Scenarios 1 & 2) that the Heimwehr were originally using the Luftwaffe units from HoSU/RW. We already have a note reflecting the use of RKKA units for the Shutzbund in Scenario 7 (Austria 1). The RKKA note does say EFD, whereas it really should be the East Front (the original), but thats beside the point. 

There is one orphan leader situation though, where the Shutzbund calls for 1 x KOM (Sc 7, A.S.1). There were no Kommissars in the Shutzbund colors for HBNS, and currently this KOM is not in the scenario entry in the library. I'll leave this one up to the sensibilities of the Librarians, but it seems we can either:

1) Add 1x RKKA KOM to the OOB in the scenario library entry
2) Create a dummy KOM unit in the Shutzbund colors to add to the scenario library entry
3) Add (another) note to the scenario adding the KOM there
4) Do nothing and say close enough  Smile