Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[New Features] musings on photo support
06-15-2012, 12:18 AM,
RE: [New Features] musings on photo support
(06-14-2012, 03:19 PM)Shad Wrote: I find long text entry extremely tedious on my Galaxy S2 though. Would you really want to file an AAR via mobile? Sounds sadomasochistic to me! Dodgy

I need to figure out how to do copy/paste and not by accident on my S2. Smile
06-15-2012, 05:59 PM,
This should whet some appetites, particularly enrique's. Big Grin

Gallery Implementation Steps
  1. Add a file manager so each member can manage their own gallery
  2. Upgrade the AAR editor to support easy image inclusion
  3. Adjust the existing site AAR layouts to support images
  4. Add ability to view other members' galleries
Step 1 the most difficult and is basically complete. I need to clean up my code and do some security testing, but functionally the tool is done.

A quick description of what you're seeing in the image above:
  • you can upload multiple images at once
  • you can create and delete your own subfolders to better organize your gallery
  • when you upload an image we store the original size, and automatically produce a copy suitable for PG-HQ, if we ever enlarge PG-HQ's site width I can easily update all these AAR images from the original files
  • Shad has been busy!
I'm not stupid enough to make predictions on when this all comes online, but know that progress is being made! Cool
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
06-15-2012, 11:36 PM,
No, no, no... I have fought against digital photography for too long to take this lying down. Why are you doing this to me?
No "minor" country left behind...
06-16-2012, 12:32 AM,
(06-15-2012, 11:36 PM)Matt W Wrote: No, no, no... I have fought against digital photography for too long to take this lying down. Why are you doing this to me?

You could be one of those crazy old geezers that goes to the film developer and asks for digital prints Tongue

Or you could just use your mobile phone. You can't swing a dead cat without hitting a phone that can take decent photos these days...
06-16-2012, 01:35 AM,
(06-16-2012, 12:32 AM)Shad Wrote: You could be one of those crazy old geezers that goes to the film developer and asks for digital prints Tongue

Or you could just use your mobile phone. You can't swing a dead cat without hitting a phone that can take decent photos these days...

I have exactly such a phone but now I have to figure out how to get the pix from the phone to the computer. Luckily I have teenagers...

They tell me that Skype isn't beyond my abilities but I have my doubts.
06-16-2012, 06:18 AM,
(06-16-2012, 01:35 AM)Matt W Wrote: They tell me that Skype isn't beyond my abilities but I have my doubts.

Do it you fooooooool ......... You know it makes sense !
06-16-2012, 07:00 AM,
(06-16-2012, 06:18 AM)vince hughes Wrote: Do it you fooooooool ......... You know it makes sense !

Says the man looking for fresh meat!! BTW, saw your note on email and once I get over my technophobia I may well join you. Please keep me in the loop. With Lehr relying so much on hidden units and Shad's comment that ftf and solo stats on HQ vary substantially from each other I will have to take more time with ftf play.
06-16-2012, 07:39 AM,
(06-16-2012, 07:00 AM)Matt W Wrote: BTW, saw your note on email and once I get over my technophobia I may well join you. Please keep me in the loop. With Lehr relying so much on hidden units and Shad's comment that ftf and solo stats on HQ vary substantially from each other I will have to take more time with ftf play.

Matt,

It would be an honour and a joy to get some games against you in the future. I can't say enough. Skype is much easier than using a mobile phone (cell).

If it scores me any brownie points and gets you to the table quicker, I have spent 10 days in Virginia in the past Big Grin
06-16-2012, 07:41 AM,
(06-16-2012, 01:35 AM)Matt W Wrote: They tell me that Skype isn't beyond my abilities but I have my doubts.

If you can get them to set it up for you in advance, then it becomes as easy as opening your web browser to visit PG-HQ. Smile
06-16-2012, 10:23 AM,
(06-16-2012, 07:41 AM)Shad Wrote: If you can get them to set it up for you in advance, then it becomes as easy as opening your web browser to visit PG-HQ. Smile

My problem is that they would probably want to watch me play and laugh when Vince shreds me...