Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[New Features] musings on photo support
06-16-2012, 05:28 PM,
RE: [New Features] musings on photo support
(06-16-2012, 10:23 AM)Matt W Wrote: ]

My problem is that they would probably want to watch me play and laugh when Vince shreds me...

Now that is a wierd thing ? My daughter (coming up 15) gets the giggles when she hears me talking to PG opponents on Skype. I have no idea why. I have asked her and to be honest, couldn't quite get the gist of the answer. I think having a head-set, talking to people in far off lands (or indeed down the road), whilst pushing counters on a map just gives her some humour ... But she is happy to play vid-games with such people in similar locations ?

You're not on your own Matt !
06-17-2012, 03:10 AM,
(06-16-2012, 05:28 PM)vince hughes Wrote:
(06-16-2012, 10:23 AM)Matt W Wrote: ]

My problem is that they would probably want to watch me play and laugh when Vince shreds me...

Now that is a wierd thing ? My daughter (coming up 15) gets the giggles when she hears me talking to PG opponents on Skype. I have no idea why. I have asked her and to be honest, couldn't quite get the gist of the answer. I think having a head-set, talking to people in far off lands (or indeed down the road), whilst pushing counters on a map just gives her some humour ... But she is happy to play vid-games with such people in similar locations ?

You're not on your own Matt !

Tell her to watch some old war movies where they did just that: got reports from the front on headphones and pushed little tanks and troops around on a big map in the war room. Then she'll think you're really cool and retro, though she may not be allowed to say so since she's a teen. Cool
06-17-2012, 10:32 AM,
Thanks all. Unfortunately, the girls have decided that my hobby is "cute". There is nothing more deflating than having a teenage girl look at your game table and patronizingly mention how "cute" it is. As I recall, there was an appropriate line in response in the movie Bull Durham

"Cute is for baby ducks."
No "minor" country left behind...