Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[AP News] 2012-08-28 News from the Front: State of the Avalanche (plus new stuff)
08-28-2012, 01:00 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-28-2012, 01:05 PM by Poor Yorek.)
RE: [AP News] 2012-08-28 News from the Front: State of the Avalanche (plus new stuff)
(08-28-2012, 12:30 PM)JayTownsend Wrote: Poor, trust me I understand your frustration but if you had a order for 2-3 years, why cancell it two or three weeks before they ship it to you?

Because:

(1) who is to say that it actually will be delivered in 2-3 weeks;
(2) I was tired of them sending games to people who had ordered almost 2 years AFTER I had done so. I simply did not want to do business with a company who delayed orders for customers who had tried to do APL a good turn (by putting money up front for a pre-order and/or who had time and again purchased games during one of APL's appeals);
(3) I had grown weary of APL's consistently poor product delivery (in terms of errata; counter art; etc.);
(4) I am not going to patronize a company who manipulates a site like CSW to repress comments/commentators that are not favorable to APL. APL had me banned from CSW after their attempts to force me to change my "Poor Yorek" moniker failed. I'd rather not go into the long history there, unless you are actually interested. Suffice it to say: Thou shalt not dare to criticize [strikeout]Obama[/strikeout] APL;
(5) and lastly, I grew tired of Mike Benninghof's patronizing comments on APL's site as well as at CSW (or whoever was writing there) such as the "hand holding" quoted above - which is by no means the first, though I must concede that I have not documented the previous occurrences as I saw them.

I think what frustrates me most (and it shouldn't, but one is, after all, human) is hearing person after person excuse APL for practices that would never be tolerated - in my view - for any other product. I recognize that we all love PG as a game system and want to encourage more, but there simply comes a time when one grows tired of being played for a fool. It is, simply put, no longer worth it to me to patronize APL (that is, support with my $) however much I enjoy the PG game.

By the way, just as a sad anecdote, TheDoctor asked me several weeks ago: "Why don't you just cancel your old order and have me order one with momma's credit card? You'll get it faster."

Messages In This Thread
RE: [AP News] 2012-08-28 News from the Front: State of the Avalanche (plus new stuff) - by Poor Yorek - 08-28-2012, 01:00 PM