Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Great Web-site!
11-23-2021, 07:01 AM,
Great Web-site!
PG-HQ,
This site is Fantastic!! Very happy I found it. Panzer Grenadier is a GREAT wargame, one of my favorites. I like the scenario section, WOW what a collaboration of scenarios! Cant wait to really explore all the information on this site. 

One question about the scenarios; It seams like the number of counters of each scenario is reduced as compared to each of the scenario books I have.
Is this to speed up play? Just wondering.
Believe me I have no problem with less counters.

Dan Grabon
Plainfield, Illinois
Juiceman likes this post
11-23-2021, 10:39 AM,
RE: Great Web-site!
It depends on what you mean by reduced counters. If you mean the "counters" number on the left hand side of the scenario screen it should be right but there are some errors that occasionally pop up. If you mean the order of battle submenu, that should be right too (except for occasional errors again). The Order of Battle section only tells you which type of units not the number of said units in the scenario. You would need to use the actual scenario from the module book in order to get that, set up instructions, special rules, etc.
11-23-2021, 02:05 PM,
(11-23-2021, 07:01 AM)DanGrabon Wrote: One question about the scenarios; It seams like the number of counters of each scenario is reduced as compared to each of the scenario books I have.
Hi Dan. Numbers of counters are not included in the scenario information, neither are map configurations. This is part of the deal with APL. PG-HQ cannot give scenario information sufficient to play most scenarios. Also scenario support questions, unless of very narrow definition, are out of bounds. This is because APL wants you buy the games and Drew Heath wants to keep the site alive.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
11-24-2021, 03:32 AM,
Welcome to PG-HQ.  Drew (Shad) is the prime mover behind the whole thing and he has done an amazing amount of work on it.

One addendum to the above reply.  The total number of counters in the scenario should be correct.  The number includes all units and leaders, but does not include tank leaders, randomly drawn aircraft or markers (minefields, wire and the like).  If you see an error, please let us know.  There is a link at the top of each scenario page that allows you to report errors:

The deal with Avalanche Press is that PG-HQ will not provide enough information to play the scenarios without buying the games.  So, you'll see the maps for a scenario, but you won't see the map layout (including North direction for 1-map scenarios).  You also will not see numbers for each counter type (i.e. 3 INF, 2 StuGIII, etc.), victory conditions, or even vague descriptions of unit setups.
11-24-2021, 03:54 AM,
(11-24-2021, 03:32 AM)rerathbun Wrote: Welcome to PG-HQ.  Drew (Shad) is the prime mover behind the whole thing and he has done an amazing amount of work on it.

One addendum to the above reply.  The total number of counters in the scenario should be correct.  The number includes all units and leaders, but does not include tank leaders, randomly drawn aircraft or markers (minefields, wire and the like).  If you see an error, please let us know.  There is a link at the top of each scenario page that allows you to report errors:

The deal with Avalanche Press is that PG-HQ will not provide enough information to play the scenarios without buying the games.  So, you'll see the maps for a scenario, but you won't see the map layout (including North direction for 1-map scenarios).  You also will not see numbers for each counter type (i.e. 3 INF, 2 StuGIII, etc.), victory conditions, or even vague descriptions of unit setups.

TIL there is a link at the top to the error form. I always scrolled to the one at the bottom. This will save me valuable seconds in the future.  Tongue
11-25-2021, 03:32 AM,
Quote:This will save me valuable seconds in the future.

Always happy to be of service!  Big Grin
11-25-2021, 05:25 AM,
[Image: attachment.php?aid=1598]

Something to keep in mind: That link is only for reporting errors of data on PG-HQ. Other errors are usually addressed better in a forum thread.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
11-25-2021, 10:55 AM,
(11-23-2021, 07:01 AM)DanGrabon Wrote: PG-HQ,
This site is Fantastic!! Very happy I found it. Panzer Grenadier is a GREAT wargame, one of my favorites. I like the scenario section, WOW what a collaboration of scenarios! Cant wait to really explore all the information on this site. 

One question about the scenarios; It seams like the number of counters of each scenario is reduced as compared to each of the scenario books I have.
Is this to speed up play? Just wondering.
Believe me I have no problem with less counters.

Dan Grabon
Plainfield, Illinois
I am new to PG as well, this site has been very helpful, great content and people
"Don't let the dirt and rust hang you up, we like to give the impression that we are out of action badly in need of rest and reorganization"