Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unloading in an assault hex
08-28-2012, 02:27 AM,
Unloading in an assault hex
I vaguely recall there being some discussion about this in the past, and I don't remember it. At any rate, am I correct that units being transported may not enter an assault hex AND unload in the same segment, but that units in transports that get assaulted can unload and then participate on their segment.

Thanks!
08-28-2012, 04:15 AM,
RE: Unloading in an assault hex
(08-28-2012, 02:27 AM)J6A Wrote: I vaguely recall there being some discussion about this in the past, and I don't remember it. At any rate, am I correct that units being transported may not enter an assault hex AND unload in the same segment, but that units in transports that get assaulted can unload and then participate on their segment.

Thanks!

Transported units can enter and initiate an asault. See example below rule 5.67 re the SPW 251 BUT can not unload in the same activation because that would count as carrying out a FIRE and a MOVE activation all at once (has to be one or the other).

As for being assaulted whilst loaded, it would be just the transports taking the fire effects (KIA, DEM or DIS) with the passengers getting the same result as the transport AND just the transport using its DF value. Any forced unloading due to DEM or DIS would not allow the 'cargo' to fight in the same activation.
08-28-2012, 04:32 AM,
RE: Unloading in an assault hex
Ah-ha! 5.67 was the section that was eluding me. Thanks!