Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
French Cavalry MF problem
10-09-2021, 07:14 AM,
French Cavalry MF problem
I'm getting mounted French Cavalry Counters with a MF of 3 when they should be 5.  But my opponent sees them correctly with the MF of 5.  What might be the problem?
10-09-2021, 09:22 AM,
RE: French Cavalry MF problem
2 possibilities using an older version of the French OOB extension or an image tile from an old extension. If your extension version is 2.0, you should update it. There were a lot of little graphics fixes in v2.1, including the cavalry. If you already have v2.1, clear your Tile Cache. You will find that option under Tools in the opening Vassal window.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
10-09-2021, 12:15 PM,
Peter:

I have both v 2.0 and 2.1 of the French Army OOB.  The 2.0 extension is marked as deactivated, v2.1 is activated.  I cleared the tile cache and still the 3 MF Cavalry unit shows up in my game after retiling.

So I went into each of the French OOB extension version through the editor.  The 2.0 version has the 5 MF Cav unit.  When I open the 2.1 version of the extension in the editor it has the  3 MF French Cav unit.

BTW, VASSAL shows no way to delete an extension from the Module Library menu.
10-09-2021, 12:23 PM,
I went in to the files and found where the active extensions are located.  I deleted French OOB v 2.1.  I went back to the VASSAL menu and it was gone.  I then activated French OOB v 2.0, brought up the game and the French Cavalry units show 5 MF.  The error may be in v 2.1.
10-09-2021, 01:39 PM,
Well Fred, I don't what to say. I have v2.1 for the French Army and they have a movement of 5. I haven't made any changes since last month's update. If my guess is right about your opponent's identity, he also has v2.1. Just to make sure, I checked the OOB extension in the library. So something weird is going on.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
10-13-2021, 01:06 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-13-2021, 01:07 AM by Blackcloud6.)
(10-09-2021, 01:39 PM)plloyd1010 Wrote: Well Fred, I don't what to say. I have v2.1 for the French Army and they have a movement of 5. I haven't made any changes since last month's update. If my guess is right about your opponent's identity, he also has v2.1. Just to make sure, I checked the OOB extension in the library. So something weird is going on.

Something goofy occurred I guess, when I last updated the French OOB.  I thus went in and deleted the 2.0 version of the French OOB as well.  I made sure there were no other French OOBs lingering.  I then downloaded 2.1 of the French OOB to ensure i have the right one, loaded it and now the cavalry has the proper 5 MF.

All is well now.  Thanks for your help.