Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PBEM Opportunity Fire
08-31-2021, 10:35 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-31-2021, 10:37 PM by Blackcloud6.)
PBEM Opportunity Fire
How are you play by emailers handling opportunity fire?
09-01-2021, 02:25 AM,
RE: PBEM Opportunity Fire
The idea with Vassal is that you can play in real time, hence avoiding that problem.

That said, I expect the solution will be a lot of .vlogs.
  1. You will record a .vlog of your activations with all the actions.
  2. Your opponent, I suspect Felipe here, will stop the playback when he wants to take a shot.
  3. Assuming there is some effect, the now abbreviated and shortened .vlog will be sent back to you.
  4. You will then flip counters, take morale checks and so forth.
  5. Then recreate the remainder of the actions from that point, and email the new .vlog.
  6. If there is another OpFire, repeat the process.
You are likely to run into a similar issue when it comes to resolving assaults.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
09-01-2021, 05:23 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-01-2021, 05:24 AM by Blackcloud6.)
RE: PBEM Opportunity Fire
(09-01-2021, 02:25 AM)plloyd1010 Wrote: The idea with Vassal is that you can play in real time, hence avoiding that problem.

That said, I expect the solution will be a lot of .vlogs.
  1. You will record a .vlog of your activations with all the actions.
  2. Your opponent, I suspect Felipe here, will stop the playback when he wants to take a shot.
  3. Assuming there is some effect, the now abbreviated and shortened .vlog will be sent back to you.
  4. You will then flip counters, take morale checks and so forth.
  5. Then recreate the remainder of the actions from that point, and email the new .vlog.
  6. If there is another OpFire, repeat the process.
You are likely to run into a similar issue when it comes to resolving assaults.

Thanks, much like playing ASL on VASL.