Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
2nd Edition plain charts
08-15-2021, 04:09 AM,
2nd Edition plain charts
For personal and Vassal support reasons, I created plain versions of the 2nd edition Infantry Attacks charts. I cleaned up most of the errors, such as references to armor and the double entry for firing into woods.

I suspect these charts are not going to last very long. They seem too messed up to remain in their current form, the ones with the pictured backgrounds I mean.

Attached Files
.pdf   2ndEd IA plain charts.pdf (Size: 71.41 KB / Downloads: 27)
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
08-16-2021, 07:40 AM,
RE: 2nd Edition plain charts
Many thanks for correcting the charts that came with the latest version of IA: August 1914, et al, Peter!
08-16-2021, 11:26 AM,
Okay Michael, you rated this thread a 1. Would you elaborate on where you think I might be in error?
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
08-16-2021, 12:58 PM,
(08-16-2021, 11:26 AM)plloyd1010 Wrote: Okay Michael, you rated this thread a 1. Would you elaborate on where you think I might be in error?

Peter, if you’re addressing myself, it is entirely possible that I fat fingered that rating. I’m usually well medicated when I peruse the HQ so anything is possible. I deny any intent to rate this thread in any manner, let alone give it a poor rating. My apologies for any confusion that this may have caused.

OTOH, if you’re not addressing myself the my apologies again for presuming to think otherwise.

Peace. Michael
08-16-2021, 01:09 PM,
Michael, I am always open to improvement and evolving insight. If you, or any one else, feels I have misinterpreted or otherwise error, and open to correct or able to defend myself as may be warranted. There are is no resentment or hard feelings either way.
08-16-2021, 03:58 PM,
Peter,

I had nothing to contribute at the time. Somehow I ended up fat fingering the thread rating in error. I wouldn't hesitate to make a reasoned suggestion or criticism if I felt the need. This is just a nothing burger.

Peace. Michael
08-18-2021, 04:25 PM,
(08-15-2021, 04:09 AM)plloyd1010 Wrote: For personal and Vassal support reasons, I created plain versions of the 2nd edition Infantry Attacks charts. I cleaned up most of the errors, such as references to armor and the double entry for firing into woods.

I suspect these charts are not going to last very long. They seem too messed up to remain in their current form, the ones with the pictured backgrounds I mean.

Quick question.  Why did you get rid of the Armor references?  Though there wasn't much, there were armored cars and, in 1916, the first tanks.

Mike
08-18-2021, 11:30 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-18-2021, 11:38 PM by plloyd1010.)
(08-18-2021, 04:25 PM)Greyfox Wrote: Quick question.  Why did you get rid of the Armor references?  Though there wasn't much, there were armored cars and, in 1916, the first tanks.

Mike

A couple of reasons: At the moment, there is no armor of any sort in Infantry Attacks, even in The Mouse that Roared. Also, neither edition of the IA rules has any way process for handling armor. I expect that armor will be added eventually, but there is no prevision for it yet.

The direct fire table in particular, had its results table and some modifiers lifted directly from the 4th Ed PG.

I also made a minor correction since the first upload.