Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flanking fire has disappeared
05-21-2021, 06:22 AM,
Flanking fire has disappeared
Did anyone else notice that rule 17.6, Flanking Fire is not in the 2nd Edition of the rules? I rather liked that rule because fire combat is heavily dependent on column modifiers.

We modified it a little, deciding that it was not applicable against units in towns, woods, jungle and blockhouses.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
05-24-2021, 03:10 AM,
RE: Flanking fire has disappeared
(05-21-2021, 06:22 AM)plloyd1010 Wrote: Did anyone else notice that rule 17.6, Flanking Fire is not in the 2nd Edition of the rules? I rather liked that rule because fire combat is heavily dependent on column modifiers.

We modified it a little, deciding that it was not applicable against units in towns, woods, jungle and blockhouses.

I haven't had the opportunity to finish the rules yet.  I do want to play my first game of Infantry Attacks this summer.  It does sound odd that they got rid of that rule.  Enfilading fire is perhaps the most effective type employed against an enemy.  Produces more casualties because from the flank the enemy is both narrower and has more depth.  Allows for more concentrated fire.