Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Polish Steel aircraft mix
05-10-2021, 11:32 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-11-2021, 12:34 AM by plloyd1010.)
Polish Steel aircraft mix
Does anyone know what this consists of with regards to Polish air support? There is a note in the game errata about there being a download, but that doesn't seem to have materialized. My notes, probably from Dan Rohman, say that it consists of Elsenborn P-47's with DF-24/AT-2 (which is from Red & White). Was there a specific mix for Polish Steel?
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
05-11-2021, 01:50 AM,
RE: Polish Steel aircraft mix
(05-10-2021, 11:32 PM)plloyd1010 Wrote: Does anyone know what this consists of with regards to Polish air support? There is a note in the game errata about there being a download, but that doesn't seem to have materialized. My notes, probably from Dan Rohman, say that it consists of Elsenborn P-47's with DF-24/AT-2 (which is from Red & White). Was there a specific mix for Polish Steel?

I dug around in the webarchive through the old product page and all the daily content in the years following its release and came up with nothing. 

I did find 2 threads on CSW about the missing aircraft but neither had an official answer nor referenced a download. 
http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX/.ee6d2ce/25509
http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX/.ee6d2ce/22520

Scenarios 2&3 talk about the polish steel air mix, but scenario 9 calls for "American Aircraft from Elsenborn Ridge". 

Barring any evidence of the download showing up I think the assumption would be that the references from Scenarios 2&3 never got updated after the aircraft were (presumably) dropped from the counter mix, and should read as the ER craft as identified in scenario 9.
12-12-2021, 06:56 AM,
RE: Polish Steel aircraft mix
Sorting through the Red & White aircraft mixes, I decided that Polish Steel aircraft mix should look like this:

It is sort of based on the aircraft draw from Red & White 40. Maybe I should have left out the P-38 and B-25. If so should the mix be 2 counters of
P-47(24a2):A-26(20) and P-47(24a2)Tongue-51(12)? The attached image seems to be more consistent with Polish Steel 9.

The Red & White aircraft decks in Vassal are going to be complicated.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking