Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dishonor #1 Clarifications
04-29-2021, 01:08 PM,
Dishonor #1 Clarifications
I’m currently tackling Dishonor before Death (DbD) #1.Two issues: First, Special Rule #8 states that no unit should move west of hex #0007. But the west edge is to the left. If true, this means that one cannot move on the left half of board #106. Unfortunately, there are other directions in this scenario that state that the left side is the play area. The town, Graignes, a key objective for both sides, is located on the west side of the board. Second, the game starts at 7 pm, and is indicated as a night scenario for the entire 15 turns. Nothing is said in the scenario booklet about LOS . The only way we know that this is a night game is the note on the PG-HQ page detailing the scenario. Do we an LOS Of one or two? Is night.really in effect at 7 pm? In June?
04-29-2021, 09:01 PM,
RE: Dishonor #1 Clarifications
(04-29-2021, 01:08 PM)saracv3 Wrote: I’m currently tackling Dishonor before Death (DbD) #1.Two issues: First, Special Rule #8 states that no unit should move west of hex #0007. But the west edge is to the left. If true, this means that one cannot move on the left half of board #106. Unfortunately, there are other directions in this scenario that state that the left side is the play area. The town, Graignes, a key objective for both sides, is located on the west side of the board. Second, the game starts at 7 pm, and is indicated as a night scenario for the entire 15 turns. Nothing is said in the scenario booklet about LOS . The only way we know that this is a night game is the note on the PG-HQ page detailing the scenario. Do we an LOS Of one or two? Is night.really in effect at 7 pm? In June?
I don't know about the scenario but night should occur around 10 pm in June, in Normandy.
04-30-2021, 12:43 PM,
Do not have Death Before Dishonor yet but will try to answer your questions. If the map has the number in the lower left hand corner no unit may enter a hex east of hex row xx07. No night does not come at 19:00 it comes much later. Special rule 18 in the front of the book should cover this but maybe it did not make it in there. Seeing that the scenarios go into August I went with a 21:00 dark time and adjusted the scenarios start time to have just one rule.
     Darkness descends as follows: 20:15- 8 hexes, 20:30- 4 hexes, 20:45-2 hexes and 21:00 or later 1 hex.
     I couldn't find my notes earlier but someone had questioned if the Americans exiting the south map edge correct. That is correct as due to the circumstances the paratroopers had to work their way past the defenders to escape.
                                                               Hope this helps. Mike
saracv3 likes this post
05-02-2021, 10:40 PM,
Mike,

You confirmed the error in Special Rule #8. It states that players may not go west of xx07, while it should read east.Thank. You for adding the timeline for dusk to dark.

You don’t have the supplement yet? I thought you designed the thing. Gad, one would think AP would at least give free copies the designers and artists.