Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Activation loop
04-16-2021, 11:04 PM,
Activation loop
congratulations forcthe Vassal installment, I started using it and it is awsome.
I hhave a suggestion, however. As it stands, the activation cycle is just time consuming. Moved, fired and activated are just equivalent in game terms. Opportunity fire is a different matter.
So why not going for an activated click as a stand alone?

Ottavio
04-16-2021, 11:37 PM,
RE: Activation loop
It is in there, as of Uber 3.0. Press CTRL+SHIFT+A. Everything will be marked activated.

The big reason for the activation loops was to keep track of who is activated, with which type of actions. After all, you are supposed to declare all activations before any actions are taken.

Quick "cheat code": CTRL+PAGE_DOWN will clear the activation status any selected counters
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
04-17-2021, 12:13 AM,
I see the point, you are damn right.
In that case it would be super faster if, upon clicking the activation cycle, it would appear a second window with three options (moved, fired, activated), but may be Vassal does not allow to program it that way.
04-17-2021, 12:32 AM,
SHIFT+A will also go through the activation cycle. The quick key for every command on a given menu is noted after the command. There is also a cheatsheet in the core fies for looking up commands.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking