Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grossdeutschland 1944 requirements
08-19-2020, 01:56 AM,
Grossdeutschland 1944 requirements
There are some differences between the AP website page for Grossdeutschland 1944 and the PG HQ library.

According to AP : 24 scenarios and only Broken Axis needed GD44 APL page
According to the PG HQ library : 20 scenarios and 4 games/supplement needed PG HQ library GD44

Which one is correct ?
08-19-2020, 02:41 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-19-2020, 03:06 AM by plloyd1010.)
RE: Grossdeutschland 1944 requirements
From the introduction of the scenario book:

Quote:Grossdeutchland 1944 is not a complete game; in addition to Broken Axis you'll also need our Fire in the Steppe and Kursk: South FLANK games, and Armata Romana book, to enjoy all of the scenarios.
There are 20 scenarios and 4 battle games.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
08-19-2020, 03:38 AM,
Did you guys stop making scenario entries for the battle games? Seems the older games with BGs have entries but GD44 does not.
08-19-2020, 04:32 AM,
That was never rally sorted out. Are battle games scenarios, are they not. If so how to enter them? If not, what would they be, if anything? I think battle games got pushed in the undermines future features category.
triangular_cube likes this post
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
08-21-2020, 12:49 PM,
here is what the last part of the website says:

Grossdeutschland 1944 is not a complete game; everything you need to play all 24 scenarios (and the battle games) in included in the book and the boxed game Broken Axis. No other books or games are required to play any of the scenarios.
09-01-2020, 01:54 AM,
Just received the book today.

The correct description is drom PG-HQ, 20 scenarios and you need Broken axis, Kursk SF, Armata Romana and Fire in the steppe.
09-01-2020, 03:25 AM,
I noticed that the Grossdeutschland infantry counters are all marked as SCH while all the GD scenarios in Broken Axis call for them to have GREN units. Anyone know if this was an oversight? Or if we're just supposed to use the SCH units instead.

Trying to figure out what scenarios these GD 44 counters are appropriate for.
09-01-2020, 04:22 AM,
(09-01-2020, 03:25 AM)joe_oppenheimer Wrote: I noticed that the Grossdeutschland infantry counters are all marked as SCH while all the GD scenarios in Broken Axis call for them to have GREN units. Anyone know if this was an oversight? Or if we're just supposed to use the SCH units instead.
There appears to be a convoluted history there. I commented on my observation that the Grossdeutchland division and its components do not appear in the Grossdeutchland 44 scenario boo. The schützen appeared in South Flank as a bridge between SS infantry and SS grenadiers. They then moved into the Grossdeutchland 43 divisional as better/elite infantry. Later schützen appeared as undiminished(?) infantry in Panzer Lehr 2. The answers to your questions is no and no.
(09-01-2020, 03:25 AM)joe_oppenheimer Wrote: Trying to figure out what scenarios these GD 44 counters are appropriate for.
In Army Group South Ukraine, Burning Tigers, Panzer Lion and Romanian Soil, where the Grossdeutchland division makes an appearance.
joe_oppenheimer likes this post