Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LOS on page 23 4th Edition Rules. (F - G)
12-26-2020, 04:48 AM,
LOS on page 23 4th Edition Rules. (F - G)
Maybe this has been brought up before but I think the LOS on page 23 4th Edition Rules, F - G is incorrect by the example on page 22.
12-26-2020, 06:38 AM,
RE: LOS on page 23 4th Edition Rules. (F - G)
I agree...
the only woods are in the starting hex "F"....between that and G is a clear hex....

so, no, not blocked.....not good....

What about G-H ? I think it's blocked ... funny they don't assess it....
01-10-2021, 12:27 PM,
I’m just learning and do agree.
Thank you.
I just got in on this thread for notes Winking
01-15-2021, 02:02 AM,
(12-26-2020, 06:38 AM)cjsiam Wrote: ....

I think the rule here is that both units are the same distance from the elevation line so LOS not blocked.  If the unit in G was in 1108, then yes I would say that LOS is blocked.

Under this verbage (pg 22, 8.42 second bullet):

* One or more slope hexes of the same elevation as the higher unit lies between the two hexes and the slope hex is closer (not equidistant) to the lower unit than the higher one. 

Both units are adjacent to the slope hex which means they are equidistant from the slope hex.

That's my take anyway.
saracv3 and joe_oppenheimer like this post
01-15-2021, 02:40 AM,
(01-15-2021, 02:02 AM)tlangston28 Wrote:
(12-26-2020, 06:38 AM)cjsiam Wrote: ....

I think the rule here is that both units are the same distance from the elevation line so LOS not blocked.  If the unit in G was in 1108, then yes I would say that LOS is blocked.

Under this verbage (pg 22, 8.42 second bullet):

* One or more slope hexes of the same elevation as the higher unit lies between the two hexes and the slope hex is closer (not equidistant) to the lower unit than the higher one. 

Both units are adjacent to the slope hex which means they are equidistant from the slope hex.

That's my take anyway.

I think you interpret it correctly.....there is one slope hex between the two units....and it is equidistant....
IF, on the other hand G was in 1108, then it would be blocked.....as the slope hex was CLOSER to the lower unit.
Ok...
I agree...
joe_oppenheimer and saracv3 like this post