Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
13.0 Do Mortars Get a +1 Shift on OP Fire?
12-21-2020, 06:55 AM,
RE: 13.0 Do Mortars Get a +1 Shift on OP Fire?
(12-21-2020, 12:12 AM)plloyd1010 Wrote:
(12-20-2020, 02:29 PM)Juiceman Wrote: In my opinion they should get the +1 modifier, OP fire is when a unit is moving, and as such it is venerable to increased casualties due to it being exposed, especially infantry, so if a unit can take extra casualties due to DF do not see why the +1 modifier would not pertain to mortars using OP Fire.  Was under the impression the venerability of the moving unit that the +1 modifier is representing (my interpretation).  Interesting topic. 
There is obviously no such modifier, applicable or otherwise, on the bombardment table. Furthermore, Drumfire from IA and the PG options, do not have such a modifier against moving targets. What you want is a house rule. Are you arguing that mortars (lobbing bombs) can be aimed as accurately as rifles and machine-guns?
Did not mean to insinuate in my first post that there was a rule or modifier on the Bombardment Table for +1 Op Fire for mortars, thought the question was interesting and worth merit about adding to it, that is all I was trying to express.  The term I should have included was house rule.
"Don't let the dirt and rust hang you up, we like to give the impression that we are out of action badly in need of rest and reorganization"

Messages In This Thread
RE: 13.0 Do Mortars Get a +1 Shift on OP Fire? - by Juiceman - 12-21-2020, 06:55 AM