Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Extensions being uploaded
12-07-2020, 12:35 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-14-2021, 06:24 AM by plloyd1010.)
Extensions being uploaded
I just uploaded the unit's extension. The extension is also an option in other games where the 3rd Armored Div appears. With the 3rd Armored unit extension, I am now 1 extension away from supporting Afrika 1944.

In case you didn't notice, Black Panthers is also supported.
joe_oppenheimer likes this post
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
12-19-2020, 02:00 AM,
Black Panthers notes
U.S. 761st Tank Battalion Notes
The 761st "Black panthers" tank Battalion was the second of 3 tank battalions, they being among 57 black battalion and regimental sized units formed during the 2nd World War.

As a unit the 761st earned 4 campaign streamers and was awarded a Presidential Unit Citation. Personnel of the 761st Tank Battalion  were awarded 11 Silver Stars, 69 Bronze Stars, 296 Purple Hearts and a Medal of Honor.

The organizational structure of a tank battalion of the time is illustrated below.

A tank battalion of the time of the 761st's deployment usually had ration of 1/3 M4/76 tanks to the older Shermans. The proportion of M4/76 tanks increased as the war progressed. The M5 tanks in the light tank company were eventually replaced with the M24.

The reconnaissance platoon consisted of an armed jeep section and a reconnaissance half-track section. While in game terms this makes them reduced strength units, they do have their full compliment. Treat them as full strength for morale purposes. Some battalions had 2 jeep sections, others 2 half-track sections, but the prescribed organization called for one of each.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
12-25-2020, 08:57 AM,
Land Cruisers is supported
Read the note on how to manage the land cruisers. If you've used ships, you already know how.

Defense of France is almost there.
01-12-2021, 09:34 AM,
Ariete Division has been uploaded
While it only optional in the games in which it appears, the unit adds a little character. I've included counters to support play in the division's earlier form, including for the attack on France.
01-14-2021, 06:29 AM,
Allied Specials and Secrets
I've upload a multinational OOB extension for the Allies It has the specials for Bron Pancera, Land Battleships and Sherman Tanks. It also contains the Secret Weapons for the British and United States armies. Apart from the extension is required, it should be considered an optional extension for lots of other games.
01-18-2021, 03:59 AM,
Fire in the Steppe maps
The Fire in the Steppe maps have been uploaded. 4th Edition games using them have been switched over.
01-18-2021, 11:37 AM,
RE: Fire in the Steppe maps
(01-18-2021, 03:59 AM)plloyd1010 Wrote: The Fire in the Steppe maps have been uploaded. 4th Edition games using them have been switched over.

I know I'm probably the only one who both

a) still actually plays the old stuff
b) is a purist who plays the old stuff with the stuff intended at the time of printing (be that old maps, counters, rules, etc).

So even if im the only one using them, I really appreciate that you left the EFD maps extension out there rather than just replacing it with the FiTS one. 

Now we just need those 1st edition maps.... (just kidding, I know those are hardly worth the time/effort to get in there)

Much thanks,
01-19-2021, 12:55 AM,
RE: Fire in the Steppe maps
(01-18-2021, 11:37 AM)triangular_cube Wrote: Now we just need those 1st edition maps.... (just kidding, I know those are hardly worth the time/effort to get in there)

I actually have the 1st/2nd edition maps. What it is preventing me from getting them into Vassal is that they are board mounted. Being board mounted means that I cannot use my letter-sized scanner. Even if I could, or brought them to work and used that scanner, there is problem of the wrinkle in the fold. I know all board mounted maps have it. The middle wrinkling poses a problem than the crease in the card maps. On the other hand, if you have the old boards, use them in as many games as you can, I think they look better than the 3rd edition maps.
01-21-2021, 04:16 AM,
Irish National Army
This makes Operation Green functional in Vassal. This marks a milestone, 100 games completely supported by Vassal.
cjsiam likes this post
01-25-2021, 01:25 PM,
Blackshirt Division is up
The game is ready in the library.